where is the safest place to buy a refurbish or used laptop online?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by darelle4 • Oct 4, 2013.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple has the most thorough refurbishing process as far as I know. No matter what a device is returned to them for (even for open box), they give the device a new battery. They replace the software and diagnose/repair any hardware issues. All cosmetic damage is repaired, if possible, and then the device leaves the refurb factory in like new (basically new) condition.

Far too many manufacturers only do half as much work on their refurbished devices.

2. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    With the work that I am doing online, I was looking at an Apple since many people testified that they get virus as easily as PC. I am a PC user for years, but now tired of all the warning and malware that PC seems to get attracted to.

Refurbished Apple is something I might like to try before coughing up an arm and a leg for it..Thanks for all the suggestions of places to look!

3. Obvcynicae

ObvcynicaeNew Member

Threads:
    I think I'll second the person that recommended Neweggs for refurbished computers--as well as hardware and computer/technology related goods in general, really. As far as I can tell, its shipping is relatively cheap, it ships quite quickly, and I haven't had anything from it that's low quality. Additionally, I've heard that Neweggs has excellent customer support, which is good if you're purchasing refurbished goods.