Where is your favorite place ONLINE to watch free TV?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by True2marie • Jun 21, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite spot is YouTube. To me, this site still has the best and most comprehensive TV collection that's FREE. Other sites usually are lacking in some area.

What I enjoy most is downloading classic shows and burning them to CDs. (YES - I am OLD SCHOOL in this way.) I also follow a lot of reality TV. It's always fun to read comments of other people. They can be more entertaining than the actual show itself.

Banacek - he was a 'cool' (for then) insurance investigator who all of the ladies adored . . .
    [video=youtube_share;2AzL0GijBlk]http://youtu.be/2AzL0GijBlk[/video]

2. Broadleaf

BroadleafMember

Threads:
    I usually am not very interested in watching free television, as I have an active subscription to streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu. If I did want to watch free television, however, I likely would also choose to watch it on YouTube, granted there existed a video of high enough quality that didn't stop half way through to say "this video has been removed, to continue watching make your way to http://example.com". I can agree, also, that YouTube comments can be especially hilarious, and yes, sometimes make watching a funny video even more funnier and worth the watch.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Before I go to megashare, but these recent days, it is not functioning anymore so I have to go back again to movie4k. What I like about the is that I don't have to subscribe and pay even a dime just for me to watch a movie. Their movies are updated also, so I watch updated movies and that I don't keep outdated. I wouldn't have to pay for the cinema. The downside is while their videos are of considerable quality, they are not of the highest. The problem for me is that I am used to blu-ray movies.

4. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Dailymotion, certain parts of Hulu, YouTube, Funimation and other video sites make it easier than ever to watch whatever whenever. Some even have their own exclusive shows.
    I don't have time or interest right now to watch all of one hour, twelve minutes and thirty seconds of your video. Was Banacek the Polish guy with the weird sayings I couldn't understand? I think his show's on one of the classic TV stations we have on our basic TV with no service. I do like old TV shows, however. Every Satuday night, I watch classic ST:TOS and try to stay up for Svenghoolie.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    If we mean completely free (I have a Netflix, Hulu+, and Amazon Prime subscriptions so naturally those are my defaults for online TV), I suppose either Crackle or regular Hulu. Great selection of shows on both, and each have some great originals. I love Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee on Crackle. I guess if you're looking for that live streaming element, the free options for both NimbleTV and USTVNow offer a decent selection of "local" channels. YouTube's nice if you want to find something more obscure or cancelled too quickly with no hope of a DVD release, but it's a shot in the dark as far a quality goes.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my old shows from a site whose URL I won't mention because I don't know if watching or downloading TV shows from that site is legal or not. Anyway, it's much better than youtube because you get the complete shows. There's no B.S about going to some other site to get the whole episode. But like I said, I'm not mentioning the URL . . . if you stumble into the site good for you.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's best not to mention certain sites. I do have a couple of favorite sites, but I doubt that they are legal. I don't download. I just watch them online. My favorite free and legal place is regular Hulu. Many networks put their shows online too. The CW is great since I am a huge Arrow fan.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    So far I've found youtube to be the best place as well. I was staying with a relative and they didn't have cable so I watched some of my favorite shows on youtube and the picture came in clear and I didn't have issues with a virus being downloaded. A few years back I didn't have cable to save some money and was starting to get the itch to watch some of my shows so I found a site where I could but got a nasty virus on the computer and had to do a system restore on it before it completely took over. Won't do that again.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Hulu is completely free? For some reason I was thinking they did cost some money. But good to know that they're really all free.

10. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Well, not that I would ever advocate anything illegal, but your best bet for your money-or lack thereof-is to just use torrent sites. You'll find the best quality rips on there, much better than most other free streaming services. They're on par with the paid subscription services, because more times than not, they're ripping the shows from those services.

11. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually watch my online movies on netflix or crackle.com .. Crackle.com tend to have a bunch of movies on there that you may have not seen in along time that were really exciting. Netflix is more updated movies it just depends on the mode that im in on what I watch.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I will normally see if I can watch the show on the TV channels' official site, if I can't then I will check if I can watch it on YouTube, if this is a no-no then I will try

an if after that I still have no luck then I will just type into Google "Watch ___ online free" and that will normally find a site to stream it from. Phew!

13. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    YouTube is definitely the number one hub for all online videos and current affairs as well as entertainment. But apart from that when I'm looking to find series and other different movies and pieces of entertainment I would look elsewhere. YouTube is sort of limited to short clips and does not always have a full roster of content. So my alternative is to go on to Google and search for a particular series or TV program that I'm looking for and then follow the link to the website and from the odd figure my way around and find the content that I would be looking for

14. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite online source for viewing TV is a site called "Project Free TV". That site hosts links to places that contain hundreds (maybe even thousands) of movies and full seasons of a wide variety of TV shows. Now and then, of course, some of the links are slow or they may not work properly, but I haven't found that to be the norm. However, I would have to recommend that those using the site use the Google Chrome browser and install the AdBlock add-on. Why? The site does have a number of pop-ups that can become extremely frustrating for you to close down or stop. But with AdBlock, I haven't had that issue anymore. And what's more, with the TV shows that the site hosts, it contains shows that are quite old and the newest ones from today. For instance, I like to watch "MasterChef" and "Hell's Kitchen". If I miss them the night the new show is on, the next day I head out to "Project Free TV" and there are dozens of links posted to the fully-uploaded latest episode. It really is a great site in my experience. YouTube is too spotty in terms of not having regular, episode-by-episode shows that you can count on for binge watching; or the episodes are cut up into 10 and 15-minute length clips so you can't watch it continuously, all at one time.

15. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha. I was about to say Netflix or Hulu and then I remember I had to pay a subscription fee each month. I love YouTube because I do watch entire seasons of shows I can't find on Netflix or Hulu. Also, if I miss an episode of a television show, I can go to the network's website and watch the entire episode free of charge. I wish PBS show entire parts of all of their shows. They do for some programming, but not all. I guess YouTube is my best bet.

16. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I only watch sports online when there is no live broadcast online. I watch on SportLemon.tv. The thing with these sites is you can watch football for free, but the ads are full of malware, so if you're ever going to use this or any other site, make sure you have Adblock installed.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Netflix the most. We also have Amazon Prime and I will see what I can on HuLu free. I also use Youtube so I don't think I miss to much, I may have to wait but that's ok with me if I am saving money.

18. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say free Hulu, just because of how easy it is to use. Just find what you're looking for and watch. But Youtube has clips of old reruns that you can't find anywhere else. I do like to use the hosting sites as well, but sometimes you have to go through some of the links to find a good one. But it's worth it, because you can pretty much find anything on there. After watching the first three seasons of The Walking Dead on Netflix, I had to go to a link sharing site to be able to watch the last season. So luckily those are around.

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use ProjectFree.Tv.

I never download any shows, but I will stream them online free through sites like that sometimes. Occasionally I use Hulu, too, although I hate the commercials.