Where is your favorite place to purchase materials for your office?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by NikkiDesrosiers • Nov 4, 2014.

1. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Considering the fact that office supplies are so expensive right now, where do you prefer to purchase yours? Do you get better deals at this establishment or are you just loyal to that company?

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite place to buy things for my home office is probably Target. It would probably be WalMart if I lived close to one.
    I like Target because it has all kinds of everything in that store, and you can get stuff 'on the cheap'. Every now and then, I'll purchase certain things from Staples as well.

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    we use Office Max, I understand that they have now merged with Office Depot, and actually i am glad because I like Office Depot better. What is nice is they have max perk points that will get you money off on some of the things you buy. When you spend enough you get a girt card that's pretty decent, last one I got was for $50 and I bought a great lamp for my desk. Mostly what I get is paper, and small office things like tape, rubber bands etc. But it does add up fast. A case of paper is usually about $45. Don't get things like storage bins for archiving records, they are way to expensive there. the best deal i got was on a desk, I had the coupon and went and the girl told me if I saved the coupon and came back the following week it would be there brown bag sale and the desk would be even cheaper. Well i walked with a glass top l shaped desk that was about $439 for $136 which included the tax. I was so happy because I really wanted that desk.

4. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Office Depot is closer to my house but Wal Mart has cheaper office supplies. I try to remember buying them as much as I can when I go to Wal Mart but if I ever need something, I will just walk to the Office Depot nearby. However, I do notice that Wal Mart products are not as durable. I bought a stapler from Wal Mart and I think it only lasted about half a year before the spring got broken and I had to buy a new one. The same thing with the punch hole maker that I bought from Wal Mart. Within a year, that punch hole maker became dull and could not do its job properly. I love Wal Mart but I guess in terms of office supplies, it might be more cost effective to buy slightly more expensive ones at Office Depot.

5. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    My personal favorite place to purchase items is Office Depot. Generally just what we get is usually envelopes, and small office things like paper, tape and so on.