Where should I buy a dress from?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kshultz06082 • May 18, 2013.

1. kshultz06082

kshultz06082New Member

Threads:
    I have a wedding to go to next week. It is outdoors and according to the invitation, it is casual dress. To me, casual is jeans and a t-shirt, but I am going to assume a sundress would be more appropriate. I am not a girly girl. I loathe dresses, but I don't want to look like I just crawled in off the street. I am a bigger girl and everything I see online in plus sizes looks frumpy and reminds me of a Moo-moo. I wear a size 18. I would like something girly-ish. Wear would you ladies shop?

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I guess it would depend on the weather. So if it is a nice hot sunny day, I would say a pair of nice dressy pants with a nice blouse with a sun hat since you don't like dresses. If you would like a nice long dress go to TJ Maxx, Ross or AJ Wright and look around. Find out the what colors are going to be in the wedding and try to match that if you like. It's pretty easy to look all dressed up if you pull the right colors together.

3. tiffanyfaming

tiffanyfamingNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I think you should try a long strapless dress. Choose a light color one if it's sunny day. Asos is my favorite place to shop. Plus you can save with student discount :)

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have found some great dresses at Ross. Not even kidding. They have a Woman's World section and I found a great black dress for $19. It even came with a belt. Give Ross a try. The only other tip I have is to find a Ross in the city or somewhere in a nicer neighborhood. I have to go out of my way because those stores have better items than the Ross near me. It's further out and we get some really old stuff.