Where To Buy Cheap Bulk Almonds For Almond Milk?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by JoanMcWench • Feb 10, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I was looking into making my own almond milk. For two reasons: Firstly, it is incredibly simple to do. Secondly, it is ridiculously expensive to continue paying the amount I am on almond milk at the grocery.

Does anyone have suggestions as to my best bet on where to find bulk almonds at a low price? Also, do you imagine shelled almonds would be less expensive? I'm not sure it's worth the work to shell & skin the almond as well as 'juice' it. Thanks!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    You could try your luck at a baker's store or a health foods store. I would imagine that shelled almonds would be less expensive in any case.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting approach: Baker's store. I realize they would be less expensive but I suppose I am taking the value of invested time into account. I suppose, to be more specific, I was looking for a site that may be more than reasonably priced. I've looked at Amazon but even with prime I'm not sure I'm getting the best price.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You could perhaps check out Nuts.com, but if you are having them shipped to you, you're already at a price disadvantage. Perhaps your local Costco or Sam's Club may sell them in bulk, or a local retailer may have bulk bins - but even your neighborhood health food store tends to be way overpriced.

Someone else on another forum I frequent was asking about making their own Cashew milk and it made me step back for a moment - people are already starting to complain about how healthy Nut based milks are when these very products were health food guru's darlings just a few years ago as an alternative to cow milk.