Where To Buy Dumbells?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Dame6089 • Jun 18, 2015.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    As you probably know, dumbbells can be really expensive, especially if you buy them at retail prices. Where do you buy dumbells to save some money? I have had some luck on eBay, finding some old sets of dumbells that people are trying to get rid of. Any other tips?

2. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart is a very good place to buy single dumbbells. You get Vinyl coated single dumbbells from $2 onwards. The Vinyl coated dumbbells are non-slippery and scratchproof. You may follow the link below.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    The vinyl dumbells are only made for lighter weights. Also in general, I was looking for places to find deals on weights, meaning not retail price. There are a lot of places that I can buy weights at retail price. If anybody has any ideas as far as where you can find dumbells as a cheaper price, let me know!

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Probably any big box store will have a he basic sizes. If you are looking for just some basic weights, they won't cost too much. I would say look there first, and then maybe at a sporting goods store if you want anything fancier ir additional strength training equipment.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about you wait for the sale of sporting goods stores like Toby's so that you can avail of their discounts? Also regularly browse Ebay auctions, you'll never know when you will stumble upon a great dumbell deal.

6. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    In my area the local gym sells off it's dumbbells when they get new ones.
    You could make a list of all local gyms then call them up, also as a bonus the front desk people probably know any local places where they sell them cheap.
    You could also try sites like Kijiji (Canada) or Craigslist (USA.)

7. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    Models sell them for relatively cheap if you have them where you are. I also really recommend looking at various local and chain thrift stores near your area. You can seriously find anything you could ever want there and that includes dumbbells.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first thing that comes to mind is Amazon for me. Even though I have had the world of problems with them recently, they do have a wide range of products that they sell, including gym and sporting equipment, and they seem to sell them for very reasonable prices.