Where to buy good electronics online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by delco • Apr 4, 2013.

1. delco

delcoMember

Threads:
    I use Newegg for larger purchases, Amazon for something I need sooner. What about you all?

2. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have never heard of Newegg--I surmise I learn something new everyday. Usually, I would purchase items from Walmart but after I have ascertained that their electronics is not the best. I purchased a laptop from them years ago, and I recently had my computer looked into; the technician told me that when I purchased my computer it was already used. I couldn't believe that my Walmart product was used; I love Walmart but after that I haven't purchased any electronics. I have shopped at Amazon, and I was very satisfied with the product as well as the shipping. I too am trying to find different stores that I can purchase electronics.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How did your technician know that the computer that you bought was already used? I want to know his method, so that I will also know for myself how to spot if a computer is brand new or not.

Anyway, I have purchased a cellphone from Ebay, and the purchase was alright. I think that if a physical store has a store online then you can safely purchase your items there.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For small items like USB sticks, I just use DX.com since they have the cheapest ones and I don't really need better or more well known brands when it comes to these items. For bigger items like TVs, I just use eBay since I think people there are able to sell a bit cheaper and I also trust eBay's ability for buyer protection.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to head over to Amazon first. I know that they offer great deals and fast delivery for the most part. I do make sure though when I am dealing with an independent seller on that site that I learn what I can about them. In other words I tend to avoid people who have lower then a four star rating, or I will read the feedback on this person to see what the issues were before deciding. For the most part I have had good success on Amazon with buying electronics. I bought my current PC Laptop from there. I also bought my current antenna box from Amazon as well.

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I will generally go onto Ebay first because I have an Amazon Prime account so I get next day business delivery.

If I can't find what I'm looking for on there, then I just have a browse around various sites that offer cashback.

7. Phil

PhilNew Member

Threads:
    I always check out reviews on CNET and then price compare through Amazon and NewEgg. Those two sites are almost always going to have the lowest prices.
    One of the major differences between the two is that NewEgg offers more deals. So, if I have a specific brand in mind then I end up buying from Amazon. Otherwise, I'll just check NewEgg for a sale or discount.
    Only rarely do I buy electronics from eBay and then only from the most reputable sellers.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite place to purchase electronics would be from best buy. I feel like I always get the best deal on this website just because they have all of those yearly sales and discounts. It makes it all with it when you can get two huge items for the price of one as well as the quality being top notch.