Where To Buy Shoes That Look Almost as Good as Designer. . .

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Nov 1, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As long as you feel comfortable in them, any shoes can do. I hear there are sites that specifically trade in shoes that are made to resemble designer shoes but which are much cheaper. Since they don't bother trying to sell them off as originals, I'd buy the shoes any time and dispense with labels.

Anyone know if buying shoes from Dubai is safe because guys this is where you'll find

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I think most 'designer' shoes are not worth the money, you are paying for the brand and often not getting the quality. Most of these designer shoes are made in Asia.

Ultimately you need to pay for quality but you can get more for your money by buying the less well known artisan brands.

3. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I know the only place you can find anything to everything is China Town. From what I have heard it is in every country and every city of that country. I recently had my wedding. My bridesmaids, got their dresses, shoes and jewellery from China Town and they looked like a million dollar.

China Town you can find a design and a make of everything, and the good thing about them they always look legit and at a quarter of a price. Thus I say find china town and all your problems will be sorted.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't like buying fakes or knock-offs, so I wouldn't even know where to get proper "designer" shoes. I actually like looking around at Ross and Marshalls for higher end brands for more affordable prices. I also love a website called Hautelook, they have great sales for shoes every once in a while!

5. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Knock-offs come cheap only as long as they don't go as far as using a brand name. I wouldn't buy such because then that would be unethical.

I guess I'll have to give Chinatown a go and see what I'll find there and I'll also check out Hautelook website later [only I don't like buying stuff online].

Thanks!

6. KellyValentine

KellyValentineNew Member

Threads:
    I go to sites like Macy's and usually see what they have on sale. Even if it's shoes that are not in season at least I can save them until next year. If your a fan of Coach, you can catch some good sales at the coach outlet on shoes and everything else.

7. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I also think designer shoes can be overpriced, but i think if you feel that way, that you shouldnt then attempt to find knockoff that resemble those designer shoes.

People pay for the name, not the quality, and by buying knockoffs, youre reinforcing that its the name that matters

8. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, that you should get shoes you are comfortable in. I am just one of those people who prefer to wear designer brands. That is just the person I am. It not only looks good, but most designer brands are pretty durable. They last a little longer, than a knock off brand would.

9. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Maybe it depends on the brand. I bought some genuine designer shoes from one of the brands major retail outlets and I believed the shoes would be durable. I used the shoes occasionally for about six months but it's when I realized that the leather was not genuine and the fake lining that had given the shoes their leathery look had began to peel off. It's at that time, I began to prefer cheaper imitations.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I don't know about you guys but I find awesome designer shoes at thrift stores. The trick is you really just have to be patient in finding one.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Theres a site for womens shoes there are a lot of commercials about it I think it's called shoe dazzle they have a lot of cute shoes and they are all the same price I think it's like 25.99 you should try that site out.

12. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like buying designer shoes. I like the quality. I know it's a bit expensive but for me it's worth it. I can use it for a long time, unlike if I will buy a fake one, after few days of using, it will be useless. It's a waste of money for me. I know some local brands that are really good. I also like it.

13. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I think some of the most expensive show is uncomfortable to walk in. I always buy heels and the ones that were pricy are still sitting in my closet. I now go to Macy's, JCPenny, Kmart (online), DSW, and Walmart (online) for heels because I find them to be the most comfortable.

14. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    Besides JustFab or ShoeDazzle, I recently discovered an online boutique called

I follow them on instagram and that's also where I discovered them. They post pictures of customers wearing their clothes and shoes. They do not have that huge of a collection but its worth checking out for shoes with a designer look at a reasonable price. Be sure to check their clearance section for steals. If you like what you see on their site I recommend following them on instagram for new arrivals, last chance items & sales.