Where to do sports?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Peninha • May 19, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes saving is just a wish away, and this is quite true with sports. We have loads of public places where we can do sports or exercise for free, even inside our home if we have to, or places where we pay, but it's cheaper. Where do you exercise? Do you consider costs?

2. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I am taking a weight training class at my high school, so every school day during the week, I get 90 minutes to work out. Of course I have to follow whatever routine they do, but it's still free! I also try to work out at home. I bought a pull-up bar, EZ curl bar, some dumbells and some weights for the curl bar. Using all of these allow me to get most of the upper body part of my workouts done. After that, I try to ride my bike or go for a run for lower body. Does anybody have any suggestions for doing leg exercises at home without spending a lot of money?

3. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I go to a stadium, which is completely free and not crowded (benefit of living in a smaller town). Other than that I sometimes go to a gym (have an ongoing subscription where I have to pay only for the times I go there) or work out at home. I have a couple of dumbbells with changeable weight and one of those pull-up bars installed in the doorway.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I go to my local park for my runs and to play football, and there is a small park nearby that has workout equipment in it, there are no weights for them, but it is great if you are just starting out.

rosemary-gardens-islington-n1-3jp633.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I love running at the beach, it's always empty early in the morning when I go for a jog and it makes my running easier with the nice fresh air.
    Besides that I bought some free-weights to have in my house so I can do some lifts while at home too.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have quite a few of those parks and places to run and exercise at the same time, mostly at public parks with loads of trees, it's great.

As for the beach Strykstar, I'd love to live closer to it as I'd be there on a daily basis. :)

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, pricing is a big consideration for me when I am deciding where I would play or do any sports. It is equally important as the proximity. Say if the court the place is cheap but far, I would consider going for the one closer yet more expensive. I might not be able to save money this way, but I am able to save time. And also, I only go out and go to places when I can't do my exercises at home or sports nearby. just outside the house.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, there are quite a few variables we should take into account. For example, if I am playing tennis near my place and I walk there I am not paying gas or parking, so it's cheaper to play there even if the price of the court is more expensive. Not to mention that I also save time and it's more convenient to me.