Where To Find A Good But Reasonably Priced Stapler

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Zyni • May 8, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have terrible luck with staplers. They are always breaking or getting jammed. I would like to find a reasonably good quality stapler at a reasonable price. I don't want to spend a lot on one, considering that they break or jam so often, but I would like one that's more sturdy than the ones you typically find.

Is there a good brand of stapler that isn't expensive? I'd like to pick up a couple of them, if they aren't too high in price.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Swingline is a really good stapler that a lot of school systems use. It can be a little expensive but you can find it for sale on Amazon for about $5.00. Here is a link:

3. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    Amazon is your best option. I'm no expert in staplers but they will certainly have cheap ones with free delivery. If you searched Amazon in the office supply section, go to the top 100 best selling and refine the search to just staplers, you should find something good for a low price. I hope helped and that you get a decent stapler for cheap !.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest investing in an electric stapler. I know they are more expensive up front, but they work far better than the kind where you have to manually press down on them yourself. Plus they very rarely get jammed since it's all mechanical, and there's no bending of the stapler while you are pushing down on it as with a traditional stapler. The only downside to an electric one, aside from having to keep it plugged in, would be that you couldn't staple stuff to a wall with it if need be, but you can keep a small cheap regular stapler on hand for stuff like that. Electric staplers, also, by design, prevent you from trying to staple too thick of a bundle of papers that the staple will not be able to go through all the way. They also more consistently staple the papers in the exact same spot for each bundle.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    You can find one at the Dollar Tree for a dollar! They all work well and they come with staples. You can find a full sized one that is functional. It is no heavy duty office stapler, but it will get the job done.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like Staples or Grand and Toy staplers. I was once at Staples in the clearance section were staplers for only $3.00 so I bought 4 of them. They jam every once in a while but easy enough to fix. Overall I've had them for 8 years and they get used a lot. I have them in my classroom and I am forever stapling papers. I have to agree that Swingline is a good brand. I have seen them in many classrooms too. They are heavy duty and well made but much more expensive.