Where To Find Quality Discounted Electronics

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by butterfly1 • Aug 16, 2015.

1. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    I have found quite a few sites that sell discounted electronics, however, I am really skeptical about the quality of these products. I would like to know if anyone has had any luck in finding electronics that are quality at a discounted price. Right now I am on the market for a tablet for my hubby.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you'd have to give us the names of those websites, and we'd be able to tell you if they're legitimate or not. Open box or refurbished deals from Amazon or Best Buy always work, and even eBay can be reliable from time to time for a great deal. If you're looking for a tablet, I'd go with the Kindle Fire HD7 tablet because it's not that expensive at all. Asus is coming out with some incredibly powerful tablets in August, but you won't them at a discount so early on.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My usual haunt when it comes to electronic items is the CD-R King, an electronics store in the mall that sells cheap Chinese products. There is no comparison when it comes to price because even a drone that sells for $200 at the cheapest can be had for a fraction of that amount in CD-R King. Cameras are the same, CCTV and even solar panel for solar power.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best place is a Groupon, Living Social or Wowcher site where they often do specials and have a limited warranty. I've seen some good deals there and they do a mystery box from time to time where you can get a tablet for $20. The important thing is to look at the guarantee and refund policy. You can also use rebates and vouchers like Ebates with a purchase.

5. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon has awesome prices for laptops and tablets.. Most of the lowest priced ones are small netbooks and chromebooks, and tablets with smaller space, but the prices for the higher quality tablets/laptops is still great!. I'm in the market for a tablet and/or laptop at the moment, so I've been shopping around and found some of the best prices for what I'm looking for at amazon.

6. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    If I want discounts on electronic items, I always go to Amazon first. Generally there are some good quality laptops, netbooks or even desktops for a relatively cheap price. Amazon is definitely a good place for discounts on electronic items. Ebay can also be quite good for such purchases, but it's not always as reliable as Amazon since there aren't ever as many customer reviews on Ebay. I've heard that Wowcher is great for such products as well, but I haven't used it myself so I personally wouldn't recommend it.

7. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    C7recycle is a really good site that sells used electronics. I've ordered a few phones off of here, and besides some slight wear and tear, the quality is good enough by my standards. They rely on sellers, so they don't have a factory supply. I just checked the site, and they're not selling any iPads at the moment. As I said, they rely on sellers, so it might be awhile until someone decides to sell their iPad. However, if you're lucky and have good timing, you might be able to grab one for a really good price!

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To get the best deals at times you might need to actually use price comparison sites to find out which stores sells whatever you want to buy at the cheapest prices.

You could also take a look at the sites linked to belows:

You'll also find great deals on the sites.

9. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    I have found that Amazon is really good for discounted electronics. I got 2 android tablets from Amazon for my kids and paid 100 bucks for both. They were in great condition still in the box had everything it came with and worked great! I have also gotten laptops from Amazon. They are usually good when it comes to tablets computers etc.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you think so? I have always felt that Amazon was actually pretty pricey when it came to electronics such as laptops, and smartphones and stuff like that. Just last week I was looking, because I'd like to get a new laptop and smartphone, and was horrified at some of the prices. Ebay is much more in my price range for electronic goods, but then you have to worry about whether they're going to last or not.

11. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    I've found a lot on eBay actually. Some of them are crazy cheap, offering 50%-60% off from the original price and the quality is superb. The only problem is that they're used so if you're not a fan of used products then you might not like it, besides, most discounted products are often used or refurbished.

The only thing you have to take into consideration when you're buying used or discounted electronics is seller. Is the seller legitimate? Check on the sellers credibility and try to find some reviews of the seller if there's any.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    .:oops:One thing that I like is the service you can get once you buy your computer. I like to go to the sites of officedepot.com and bestbuy.com checking prices so you can get your computer and get services too. I have found accessories as well on sale for your computers. Right in your neighborhood are the stores, so you can call or e-mail them when you need anything for your computer. I trust Best Buy and Office Depot to have quality products and services when you buy anything electronic. One last thing I'm not really up on electronics in face I'm user friendliest type, so when I buy anything I ask how to use it. Patiently the sales associate explains till I understand. This is an extra benefit shopping at Best Buy and Office Depot!:)

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    CD-R King may just be the best outlet of electronic consumer goods however I won't trust them with even a cent of my money when it comes to solar panels, lcd tvs, and cameras. There is a reason why their price points are lower than most electronic shops, and I'm not particularly fond of their warranty methods.

If you're going to buy expensive electronics, then it is better to buy from the trusted stores rather than bet on something made with 2nd class materials. It's just not worth it.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like you, we also do not trust CDR-King when it comes to appliances. We bought our Samsung TV last year in the mall. No matter how cheap the tv in CDR-King, we preferred a branded tv. I also fancy their e-bike that is being sold for $400. But my husband cautioned me about the warranty. What if something goes wrong, is their maintenance up to par? Do they have available parts? So until now I still have no bike of my own.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that Maplin is a good place, though I am only aware of it being in the UK. I don't know whether or not there are any Maplin stores available anywhere else in the world, in other countries. I'd go to a Maplin store before going to a Curry's or PC World any day of the week, since those two other stores are way too expensive.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I find there are a lot of good quality electronics in the second hand market if you look hard enough to find reputable sources. If you find a store that sells good second hand items, it might be worth considering as an option. We have a local pawn shop nearby dedicated to electronics where you could buy and sell pre owned electronic devices and I've bought a few items from them a number of times now and I have yet to be disappointed. I think they have a very good standard for the quality of goods they will buy and sell so I have grown to trust their business.

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I
    I have found some good buys on Tiger Direct and also on eBay. It really depends on what you are looking for and the specs you want. I think there are some quality refurbished electronics around, but you need to get the options you are looking forward to. Make certain to check various well known sites for refurbished electronics.

18. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy mine on eBay, but have also purchased used electronics and also refurbished electronics from Tiger Direct and Rakuten, which was formerly Buy.com. Some places don't state up front that the electronics they sell may be refurbished, so I always read the descriptions carefully. Even Overstock.com sells refurbished items.