Where To Get A Faucet, Toilet And A Plumber?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Feb 2, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to help a friend out, she needs a new Faucet, toilet and a plumber to sort it all in Florida, Boca Raton. Now, she is a little old (nearly 80) and she has been ripped off a few times already and doesn't know where to really start. She doesn't have much money either, but the place is her mother's old place and she hadn't been there for a couple of years and doesn't know many people in the area.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated and I will suggest them to her. Thanks.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The best advice I can get is to ask her if any of her other friends know of a plumber who can install and remodel her bathroom faucet, toilet, and plumbing. Otherwise, she or you will have to search on the internet for the cheapest materials and laborer. Also, researching for any service, always look for possible customer reviews and business owner's track records or portfolio - this will help in establishing credibility and saves a lot more time than meeting people on a one on one basis. Good luck.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Another suggestions is to check any social service agency and ask for senior assistance for home repairs. Also sometimes there are grants accessible available online awarded by the government - free money. I myself will be checking this one out for future reference.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a good idea as the complex the condo is in is 50+ and she really has no assets at all apart from her two apartments and her car. It's hard finding the help when you don't know where to start looking and as she doesn't know many people there it's harder. Knowing that people will rip off others especially older people is the greatest concern. She was getting charged $300 a month for her cellphone for 2 years because she was paying for lines for people who had died and didn't know how to stop it.