Where To Purchase Fish Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by NikkiR • Mar 22, 2016.

1. NikkiR

NikkiRMember

Threads:
    I worry about purchasing fish online because they are so sensitive to stress. They might die in the mail if there are temperature or pressure changes. Transport taking to long might make a fish suffocate as the oxygen runs out in the water.

Has anyone had good luck purchasing fish online? If you have, what did you purchase and from what site or vendor?

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought a few fish online... this guide had saved me tons of trouble and money when buying fish online. I found this guide to be thorough and very useful!

I hope you find this this revelant and useful when purchasing live fish online. All of the ones I've purchased have been great and arrived alive and healthy!

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well thank you for sharing but I have a few questions with regard to buying fish online.
    • How soon would they deliver the fish?
    • Do those online fish stores offer a wide variety of choices?
    • What is your guarantee that you're ordering fresh fish?
    • Would the quality of the fish not be affected by the travel?

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It would not be a good idea to buy fish online for consumption. Fish is a highly perishable commodity. But they can be delivered dried. I have not come across an online company dealing with selling fish online. I think this is an unexploited niche. It would not be cost effective as refrigerated trucks deliver faster and the prices using this mode of delivery are pocket friendly. The only online companies I have come across sell aquarium fish for decoration purposes.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So upon browsing the site I discovered that they have a guarantee that they will live up to 14 days. I wonder how can the fish get nourishment when it's packed and sealed? They have a 30 day guarantee too, so I guess it's safe to buy there.

6. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I knew you could order online but I never really tried it. I'm not so sure how it works but I would worry about the freshness of the fish and how it's processed, it's bad enough that we have to cook it on various other chemicals. Another thing is delivery time and the cost although I can see how it would work.