Where to start?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Muraki • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Muraki

MurakiNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to try my luck with developing apps for android devices so I was wondering where to start.

I can't decide if I should take a quick crash course, buy some books or try following some video tutorials on YouTube. There are a lot of options so where would be the best start? Which one would be the best to invest time and money in? Since now days it is really important to invest your time wisely so I thought to get some more opinions on this before I continue.

Thank you in advance!

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Are you familiar with programming? If not have a look at

- lots of courses on different programming languages, all free. Once you familiarize yourself with the concepts and decide on what developer software you want to use it's time to focus. Don't forget that there is plenty of framework type of software available out there, some free, some payed that'll help you streamline the development process (and are easier to learn). Software like Scirra Construct 2, to offer and example.

3. koko07

koko07New Member

Threads:
    to write an android app you have to learn programming languages like java or c# . the android is written in those two languages . i am learning now java to make some android apps . i have some ideas of android apps i will make it .
    if you need some Tutorials take a look on this
    my recommendation (it might not be the best):
    start with "Lecture 2: Android (Java Primer)" from the course

, maybe u will not get it all, but u will know how java u need for android, and it will be very helpful later.
    then watch the first five tutorials from these 2 playlists:

&

then do these three side by side:

(the archived course)
    &

&

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't rely on software that creates the framework for you. You'll wind up with an app that's not that advanced and doesn't really do what you want it to do. In the end, you have to learn the actual programming languages in order to create the exact app that you want. It takes some time, but it's a rewarding experience, and programming is a valuable skill to learn for anyone today.