Where was your favorite travel experience?

Discussion in Travel started by PurpleWasabi • Jul 31, 2012.

1. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a person that is big on traveling. I've been all around the United States and a good number of places in Asia, Europe, and South America. I can say that Italy was my favorite travel experience. Because I am an artsy person, I was blown away at the sculptures and pieces I saw on the streets and museums. I can't wait until I go back to explore the ally ways of Italy again.
    So now I'm wondering, where was your favorite travel experience, and why did you like it so much?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    So far I've only gone on vacation with my family (I'm still in high school). To be honest, there was never a "perfect" vacation for me. There will always be someone who will screw things up.

But still, leaving that aside, I remember this one great trip to Brazil in 1999, for the millennium. We went to a place called Canasvieiras by car and the millennium celebration was amazing. There were fireworks ALL over the place, and people just went nuts!

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, it is tough to narrow it down to one but I think it would have to be a tie between London (which I have been to 5 times) and Sydney, Australia (which I have been to twice). They are both such beautiful cities with so much outdoor green life to offer...the parks here are just out of this world. Also, the architecture is amazing. So, it is a tie between London and Sydney, because of their beauty!

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I would say that my most favorite would be when I went to New York last year. I went during Thanksgiving and I absolutely has a blast. I'm thinking of going there again this year!

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Most memorable experience I had was at Budapest in winter. The public spa experience was an out-of-the-world one, great eateries, superb accommodation and very reliable transport. My second best was Prague - for its culture and street-level ambience.

6. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I am from Albania and I have traveled a lot around Europe. I have been to Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Salzburg, etc. but I just loved Frankfurt.

It was not a very big city, but had numerous museums and culture buildings to visit, together with a lot of new and modern buildings :)

7. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I haven't gone out of country (YET). But within the country, I've been to Sacramento, California. Granted, it doesn't seem so exciting, but I went with my choir from college. We sang in the Rotunda and Chamber Hall for the California Representatives, had a choral festival at a nearby community college, and even got to know each other fairly well. It was a lot of fun. It's not far from where I live in general (probably 3-5 hours) but the people is what made it so much fun. :)

We're thinking about Russia or Japan next year for something big and exciting. :)

8. ralfbolvn

ralfbolvnNew Member

Threads:
    Nice and amazing...

9. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    For me, it would have to be a toss up between Taiwan or Japan.
    Taiwan is known for its night markets which are enormous and everywhere you turn, you can find Taiwanese delicacies such as stinky tofu, fried oyster and eggs, huge pieces of spicy fried chicken, bowls of savory beef noodle soup, live shrimp, etc. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. There are vendors that sell cheap and unique styles of clothing or high end fashion. If you want a change of pace/scenery, take the bullet train to the south of Taiwan where there is more peaceful countryside, laid back people, and some amazingly fresh seafood.
    As for Japan, I visited around 5 years ago and it vividly stands out as one of my best travel experiences. Beautiful temples, a plethora of cheap and delicious food, people extremely accommodating of the fact that my mother and I did not know much Japanese and trying to help us out as much as possible. I was a huge anime/J-pop geek back then so to be in the place where I was surrounded by the culture that I was fascinated with made it even more exciting!

10. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    I love to travel and mostly travel to Asia and South East Asia. I did go to Europe a few years ago. The sunset in Bali is incredibly beautiful. I spent many evenings on a beach patio bar watching the sun go down. People on the beach would drop what they were doing, sit and admire the beauty of the sun going down. Definitely a destination worth visiting.

11. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my most amazing vacation time was when I went to the Great Smoky Mountains. I had never been there before, but my husband took me there when we were on our honeymoon. It was the best time ever and even if it was four months after we got married it was still great being able to go down and relax while exploring the mountains which were so easy to access.

12. Kaila

KailaNew Member

Threads:
    I live in the South of Thailand now, which is incredibly picturesque. I moved to Thailand after backpacking around Southeast Asia for 10 months - an experience that changed my life. My favourite experience was in the Philippines. I met a group of Filipino guys on an incredible beach called Boracay, and wound up going with them to their hometown on an island called Samar, where foreigners rarely go. They took me to karaoke, to the shooting range, to see the massive mountains around their island, out to dinner every night, and we had the most amazing time. It only lasted about 4 days, but I'll never forget that truly special experience.

13. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have been so blessed over the past 18 months. I've been fortunate enough to visit London and Jamaica in that time. Of the two I would say I like London and the attractions however I'd pick Jamaica as the winning destination. I didn't get to spend time at a resort, however the people of Jamaica were so welcoming and inviting. The country is beautiful and natural. For the first time in forever I FELT like I was truely on a relaxing vacation. I visited Clarendon (south Jamaica). It's very country so not touristy at all. I stayed with my in law and hung out with the locals. It's a whole different world and experience and makes you appreciate what you have.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite travel vacation was the Bahamas. I love tropical locations. The best part was that I was able to connect with an old college girlfriend. I spent time with her and family. They were really nice and took me to all the non-touristy spots.

15. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    I'm not as worldly as many of you, but I have been all over North America by motorcycle. Alaska was definitely one of my favorite places. The shear size of it is mind boggling. The unspoiled nature is breath taking. Why did I ever leave?!

16. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    My most memorable travel experiences involve Orlando at this point. When I was a kid, I never got to visit Orlando (we lived in New York). We couldn't go there because we didn't have a lot of money. I only saw Walt Disney World on television, and it was about as attainable to me growing up as going to Gilligan's Island.

I didn't get to go to Walt Disney World until I was in my 30s. And even that story about how I got to go for the first time was interesting.

We were checking into our Orlando hotel. A lady in line behind us tapped us on the shoulder and offered to give us free Walt Disney World tickets. She said she had gotten them from her job, and she had way more tickets than she would use. Guess what I said . . . "no thanks." Why I told her "no," I still can't figure out. My girlfriend then told her, "oh yes, we'll take them!" My girlfriend later asked me why I said "no" and I couldn't tell her.

We went to Walt Disney World the day after Thanksgiving (remember: I'm in my 30s). The place was jam packed. But when I saw Cinderella's castle for the first time, I was spellbound. The little kid came rushing out of me, and even rides like "It's a Small World" had me jumping out of my skin with excitement. Wait times were an average of 60 minutes, but I didn't care. We spent 14 hours in the park that day: 10 am to 12 midnight. It was one of the best trips of my life - courtesy of a stranger's free tickets!

17. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I just travel around our island. There are lots of great places and beaches in our province that is why lots people from US and UK visited this tropical island. I sometimes travel in the nearby island though. :D

18. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I live in NJ, but I have been to quite a few places. My favorite place would have to be the place I once called home; Guyana, South America. Its a beautiful country surrounded by Suriname, Venezuela, and Brazil. The people are amazing and the food/culture is great.

19. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I absolutely adored travelling in South America. I did a month in Brazil and then a month in Bolivia. Bolivia was simply an incredible experience as a single female traveller. I met tons of people and saw so much of this country on such a small budget. A lot of people couldn't understand why I would want to go to the poorest country in South America but I craved adventure and that is exactly what I got. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about my trip. :)

20. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    l love going on cruises, I enjiy having every on board the shop, then having ports of call where you enjoy various places as well. I have been to Bermuda twice,and to the Bahamas. As well I have traveled on land to Jamaica, St. Thomas and quite a few other places.