Where will you be spending Christmas Eve?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by addicted_buyer • Dec 24, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Tonight's Christmas Eve! Who's excited? I'm just looking forward to opening some presents tomorrow, but I'm hoping to have a nice dinner tonight.

Where will you be spending it? Any plans in particular?

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm excited too!! Ever since I was a little girl my mom has had a little party on Christmas Eve. It used to be just us, but now of course we have our spouses and children. We exchange gifts, eat, play games... It's fun and casual and a great way to get the kids tired out!

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I am very traditional about this celebration. I enjoy spending time with my family, particularly in my home. That's where I feel more comfortable and I can fully enjoy the night and all that represents this time. My family is small and that is why we haven't need to mobilize or visit the home of distant relatives. Maybe in the future, when I formed my own family I adapt to new customs and circumstances.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My plans for tonight will be going to my uncle's with my mom sisters husband and kids we are doing gifts and dinner there.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    We have dinner with my husband's family and open gifts with them. There are six kis in his family, so it can get a bit chaotic, but we all love it. Then we usually play some sort of game as a family. It makes for a late but fun night.

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually work at Christmas Eve, which I spend most of my time at work. However, I believe I will have a day off on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am going to spend my quality time with my parents at home on Christmas Eve. I hope I can get a day off on Christmas Eve. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

7. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Most of the time I spend christmas Eve at home. Christmas Eve is exciting for my children. i cook a big meal and they eat and talk about how many gifts they have and how they can't wait to open the first gift at 12.

8. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I will probably just spend it at home with those who truly matters to me, my family. Just as long as I'm with them during special occasions like Christmas, I do not need any fancy gift to make it special.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually I would spend Christmas eve at home with my mother and little sisters than Christmas day at my uncles but my family is falling apart this year and I think I will just stay home this year.

10. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm kind of sad and lonely here. I'm literally going to be spending my Christmas Eve all alone by myself. I had go over to my father's company and take up management because he traveled out of the country.

I think I would have to be sticking with church, maybe I would have a great time there.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reading your posts brought back fond memories, of our family get together at Christmas. It was a pot luck affair, that everyone brought their special dish or dessert. We'd catch up with each other and marvel at how fast the children in the family are growing. But as the party givers passes away, the party ended. It's been a few years now that the party giver's have passed and now this is the first year that my Mother passed. I went to the store, Shirokiya we went to when we were younger and before my Mother got home bound. I went today, to the store that's is a different location from when we were going, but it was one last time for "Auld Lang Syne". Since the party giver's passed Mother and I been spending quiet Christmas dinner with each other with special foods we love and definitely got to have dessert. So this early evening I went to church to bring flowers for Mother, and her favorite foods for her Christmas present. (the food is like a donation to the church people who care for the niche.) It will be a sad Christmas, of Auld Lang Syne, unwrapping presents and giving presents for all the Christmas cards were sent at the 13th for it begins t he 12 days of Christmas. Christmas dinner will be a simple one for it's only me and dessert of course. I'm sorry didn't mean to go on and on; Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! By the way, some stores like Walmart will be closed and some service stations too on Christmas day.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I will be spending this evening with my friends. Incidentally, I am invited to attend three different parties and I have plans to attend all of them. I have already visited some of my friends and wished them a Merry Christmas. I am very much eager to attend grand Christmas Eve parties with my friends. I am looking forward to join them in few hours and enjoy the festival.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't plan to spend my Christmas Eve in any special place or gathering. I am at home this eve. My plan is for the actual Christmas day. I have planned meeting friends to spend time with and also get to visit one or two remarkable social centers in my city.

14. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I think I also have such plan for myself today, probably around 18:00 GMT, I will definitely be heading out to hang out with friends. Although I'm still a little drowsy from the pills I'm taking for my illness, it's definitely not stopping me from having a great time this Christmas season.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, we do not celebrate Christmas (I am not a Christian by religion) so I celebrate it with my friends and love the festival. I have been to different places during Christmas festival including Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Russia (although no Christmas there in December), Australia and other countries and not to mention my home town where we have a large number of Christian population.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Christmas celebration is the traditional family gathering in the home of my wife's sister because it is her birthday too. This year, we brought prawns cooked in coconut milk. It was a hit with the guests. And when we left, we were given leftover food. So now we have food that is good for 3 days perhaps. By the way, our Christmas eve celebration is also frugal with the hot chocolate, chicken macaroni soup and the pork dish called menudo. We really don't splurge.

17. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Wow, that's really nice but honestly I really don't think one needs to be a Christian before one can celebrate it. Everyone free to participate in the celebration as he or she sees fit. You really had fun with lots of places you visited, I really wish I'm the one to enjoy traveling a lot.

But this year's Christmas, I did travel to the western part of my country, Oyo State to be precise. It's a Muslim state. They don't celebrate Christmas but it's not stopping me from doing so.

@Alexandoy@Alexandoy Mmh, that's very interesting and lovely as well. I always enjoy the get together Christmas season brings to people and their friends and family. About the dishes you mentioned here, my favorite happens to be the menudo pork dish. I love pork more than any other meat. How is that menudo prepared?

#17Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  18. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    As Catholic, waiting for the Christmas day is exciting. This is the time of family reunion or family gatherings and vacation with your family. This year, for the very first time we celebrate Christmas in the province. I found it very simple compare to cities but it was full of joy and happiness. We have parlor games for children and adults and giving gifts and food to children. It's my first time also to attend mass in the church that has no wall but despite that, the mass is solemn.

Attached Files:

19. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is so awesome. I wish I had celebrated mine this was way but anyways there is no much cause for alarm as Christmas is never ending this time around. There is always a next year's celebration, so I can have such celebration.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I spent Christmas Eve at home getting all the presents ready for my granddaughter to open the next day. I had to wait until she was asleep and then sneak into her room to hang her stocking at the end of the bed and then I put her bigger presents round the tree downstairs. I love watching her face when she wakes up in the morning and thankfully she slept until 7. 30 am .. an improvement on 4 am the previous year!