Where Will You Christmas Shop?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Rosyrain • Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you plan to spend your money for gifts this year? I plan to do a lot of my Christmas shopping on Amazon this year as I have been working really hard to get gift card points in this site. I will also hit up Pier One Imports and the World Market as I can always find things there for everyone.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll be using Amazon as much as possible too. I've built up a nice stash of codes through surveys and GPT. I suppose you could call it my equivalent of saving! As for the food, I'll be using Tesco clubcard vouchers. The Clubcard scheme basically operates like a cashback website and I save all the vouchers I earn specifically to help me pay for Christmas.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to have a few gift cards for Amazon I can use to help reduce the cost of gifts but I still do most of my shopping offline, I have already seen a few items at Homegoods and Burlingtons I will put in Layaway and pay on them as I get more money.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Was discussing this with someone not too long ago. I like to shop at farmer’s markets and locally owned businesses for unique items for my overseas friends. Which can be difficult because a lot of the stuff in my price range tends to be more along the lines of tacky souvenirs than I’d like. But it has allowed me to discover some amazing locally made products, like handcrafted jewelry and all-natural soaps.

I usually supplement those with goodies from a local supermarket. And depending on who wants what, I’ll probably throw in some drugstore makeup that they can’t easily obtain, and perhaps a few trinkets from Icing or somewhere similar.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:This Christmas I'll be shopping at amazon.com, supermarkets, Ross Dept. Store, CVS, Wal-Mart & Walgreens. I love to window shop, so that's what Ill be doing most often. I found that supermarkets locally has special in-store prices especially during the holiday season and that's what I'll be looking for.:)

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My usual haunt is Divisoria, it is a commercial area in the heart of Manila where imported goods are sold. It is near the pier where the cargo ships dock so expect the prices to be cheap. Even the gift wrapper that is sold at 20 pesos in the supermarket, it is only 8 pesos in Divisoria. So it's loud and clear that the discount is so great and it is worth the sweat of mingling with the crowd of buyers. Fortunately, there are small malls there that are air-conditioned unlike before when the stores are just in the streets.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The great thing about Amazon is that the delivery on most items is super fast. Some deliveries I can get as soon as the next day. I wonder if this applies to all states and countries, or is it just like that around here because Amazon is local? Christmas is the time of year where I get to go out and do some serious shopping and I absolutely love strolling through the stores, especially when they are all decked out in Christmas décor.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm probably going to shop online because it's where all the unique items are. I find that I always just see the same regular items whenever I walk through malls and toy stores but there's always something new and specific i discover whenever I browse through online stores. This is very helpful because it just makes for a wider range of choices which helps with finding something more suited for any personality type. Also I find I've been giving a lot of digital gifts lately such as digital downloads of video games or subscriptions to certain services.

9. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'll be mostly using Amazon as I have a lot of Amazon gift cards saved up this year. I find that where I live it can seem to take a while for anything to get delivered so I'll need to start that soon really. I'll probably get some things in supermarkets as well though, especially anything I need for edible gifts. I find that I can make sure of what I'm buying and what ingredients are in it that way.

10. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I plan to try do do some Christmas shopping on Amazon, after experiencing how easy it is to shop online at that site. There are certain things, like clothing, that I would prefer to purchase in person to inspect the quality and actual size of the garment, and for these items I will shop in store.

I usually do a lot of my Christmas shopping at Meijer, generally during the Thanksgiving weekend sales. I enjoy the Black Friday sales at the smaller drugstores. Such as Walgreens and Rite Aid. They seem to have great deals on Christmas candy, wrapping paper, cosmetics, and other household essentials during these sales. I have also found great stocking stuffers, such as coloring books and crayons, stickers, arts and crafts items, matchbox cars, and board books at the Dollar Tree, especially this time of year. I am getting excited to start Christmas shopping! I will probably start soon, to try to beat the rush and so that I can enjoy the season.

11. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon, for the most part. I don't mind hunting for items, but I probably won't have enough time. When I do get the chance to physically shop for items I'll just go downtown, as there are tons of shops in the city where I live. Even if I don't find exactly what I'm looking for, I'll still find something for everybody on my list.

12. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    For the kids I usually shop at ToysRUs. I try to do it all online and have it shipped for free. For clothes I like to shop at the Gap and Old Navy on line as well. For specialty items I love to search Amazon. I always buy books for the my nieces and nephews so I'm shopping at Chapters online too. I love being able to sit at home in front of a computer and do all my shopping. I can look for sales and the best prices without having to worry about line ups and parking. Let the shopping begin.

13. AnnMarie

AnnMarieNew Member

Threads:
    I've never shopped online and after a terrible experience with some "free" samples that ended up costing me over $200 in bank charges, I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing. I have heard there are other ways to pay outside of giving them your banking information but are any of these sites one hundred percent trust-able? A friend of mine bought me a pair of earrings online and while they are OK, I didn't see any exceptional value in them. I always like to see what I am buying up close and personal before I buy it. although those long treks through the mall are getting less and less appealing as the years go by. Everything starts to look the same, smell the same, there's just too much out there. This year I'm going to try to pick one really special personal gift for the most important people on my list and I will use the internet to scope out deals and find out what's out there, but nine out of ten I'll be buying the stuff in person. I may stick to more traditional stores this year like the Bay. I like the Bay because the stuff I buy there is usually good quality and I can trust it. There are a few clothing stores my daughter likes, one of them Guava, is pretty pricey though, so I might relent and try to find an item she likes from there, cheaper on line. Happy bargain hunting to everyone this years! Ho Ho HO!

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not really sure where I will Christmas shop. I have done a lot on Amazon in years past. I love World Market too. That is such a fun store to shop in. I guess it will be a combination of doing a little shopping and maybe making some things too. With having to replace my appliances, as usual there won't be a lot of money for Christmas...but maybe a little more than last year.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still don't have any definite plans when it comes to gift giving, but I will either shop online if the deal is good, or I will just shop in the mall during their clearing of stocks sales. The prices really get to drop by the end of the year.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought almost everything I need for Christmas. All that remains is one or two last minute gifts and some food. These I can't buy online because the shipping fees would cancel out all savings. So everything else I must buy will be bought in the brick and mortar stores here. I'll try some haggling, hopefully it will save me a little cash.

17. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will be doing a lot of my shopping online this year, because I know that I can find some incredibly good deals on there, which is great news. I can save more money by shopping online because I can see all of the deals side by side rather than having to walk round the shops near where I live, so that's great for me really. I like to be able to buy things for people that they can really enjoy, and by getting the best possible price, I am able to do this.