Where would I be without my George Foreman Grill?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by pamelalalove • Mar 7, 2013.

1. pamelalalove

pamelalaloveNew Member

Threads:
    Well I do a lot of cooking which is crazy because 5 years ago the only way to get me in the kitchen is if someone else cooked or to use the microwave. My fiance always wonders how I get done so fast and how I became such a great cook haha. Well practice made me a good cook but using products that cut prep time in half is why I am able to get cooking done so fast. My favorite of all my products is my George Foreman Grill because I can grill things like chicken, burgers, veggies, quesadillas, and more in an instant. I like to make a lot of quick meals because as much as I love cooking for my family, I do not like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. With my grill its easy for me to cut corners and cut fat at the same time. The best part is that it still locks in the flavor while draining the fat. My fiance and I love to eat healthy so this is a major bonus. I sound like a commercial right now but if they asked me to be in their next infomercial I would say "Totally!"

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own one but my brother who is also lives in the apartment one level down from mine does. I borrow it from him once a week whenever I am able to set aside time to buy a good piece of steak. I just use a dry rub on it and I use the grill. Recently my son has been experimenting on making different kinds of hamburgers and this grills it just right. I'll have to buy my own soon.

3. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    We use to use our like crazy, but it just become a pain to use after awhile. I don't if I need to get a new one, or bigger one. It just seem really greasey allll the time and it was gross.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm glad you like yours!

I have tried them and they're okay, but I tend to be cooking for more than just myself, so I don't feel like there's enough room on one....or it's just one more dish to wash when I could be doing it in a regular pan anyway and not have to wash/store yet another item.

A friend of the family loves hers like you do, though. It's pretty much the only item she uses and rarely even turns her stove on, ha. She hates cooking otherwise.

5. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with alot of the comments here. I do have one that my mom gave to me and it was supposed to be for up to four people. It is way to small to cook with. We even tried cooking four regular size burgers and it was just to small. So who wants to wait to eat while the other burgers are done already. So we obviously would have to upgrade to the next size. But I choose not to buy one myself. They are a pain in the butt to clean up. And yes, they are always dirty and greasy no matter how much cleaning you do to it.

I am glad yours is working so well for you though. I guess what is good for some just is not for others. Maybe it is operator error.:p

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with most of the above comments, I enjoyed using my George Foreman grill when I was cooking for two. My household has increased significantly in size and the grill is not large enough to cook for everyone at the same time. However, it was my favorite grill to use and I never really had much difficulty cleaning it.

7. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I used to love my George Foreman Grill. We used it so much that it finally stopped working. It was great when I just wanted to grill something for myself. Plus it was easy to clean, as long as you had removable plates.

8. Nikilee

NikileeNew Member

Threads:
    The George Foreman is great! To help keep it clean I start cleaning it while it's hot! That helps a lot!

9. Thomas1117

Thomas1117New Member

Threads:
    George Foreman grills are great. You can just slap asteak down on that beast then cook some other things in a pan. I also made some delicious grilled cheese sandwiches on that with roast beef. That and ya gotta love the Magic Bullet.

10. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    George Foreman is the gold standard for grills I think. It's very easy to operate and clean and it cooks quickly and thoroughly. I've had no problems with it.

11. liverr

liverrNew Member

Threads:
    An excellent, fat-burning grill is the George Forman. My roommates and I love to cook hot dogs and burgers on saturdays before a big football game on it.

12. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I used to have a George Foreman grill. I would cook hotdogs and burgers on it. I remember it used to get really greasy and it would be hard to clean up. But I thought it did a good job on cooking meat.

13. Kramer

KramerNew Member

Threads:
    I do love my George Foreman - the only thing I'm not really in love with when it comes to separate appliances is that it is on the counter and I have to put it away. I would love a kitchen where everything is hidden under the counters - push a button and they pop up... but the grill is one thing that I actually use because it does cook meat perfectly and it's always yummy. It takes a lot of the fat out and it's easy... And yes pamelalalove you do sound like a commercial but it's awsome!!

14. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    I'll be outside grilling and smoking as long as it's a hot summer, but as soon as the weather turns cold, I'll resume my longstanding BROmance with George Foreman. :)