Where's The Best Place To Shop For Movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by thisnthat • Oct 4, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking about getting some movies to give as Christmas gifts. I'm not sure where to look to get the best deals, although I do like shopping on Amazon. I've also occasionally had luck at Walmart, but I'm wondering what other options might be worth looking into.

If you buy movies, do you have a favorite place to shop for them that has a good selection and great prices? Do you shop online or in store? Any good bundles or bargains on shipping?

Oh yeah, I will probably pick up a couple of TV series also if you know of any place with deals on those.

Thanks!

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of great deals at Best Buy. Most DvDs are very low price compared to their competitors. I saw a Dragon Ball Z Resurrection of ''F'' DvD go for 24.99 at WalMart while it went for 16.99 at Best Buy. That is almost 10 dollars of savings.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    That's cool. Thanks for letting me know. I don't think we have Best Buy near here, but I can look online.

That is quite a savings. A couple of bucks is nice, but eight dollars off is a really good discount. I'm surprised there is such a big difference between two national brand chains. Wow.

I just took a peek at their site. Free two day shipping on orders of $35 or more plus price matching. Nice! Maybe I can get some good deals and find enough of them to qualify for the free shipping.

Adding another site to my list for shopping online. Thanks again for the good advice. I never think of this one, since it's not close. I have rarely purchased anything from them, but maybe I will now.

4. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I know that you can buy used movies really cheap on eBay. They sometimes even sell tons of collections on them, so if you are a fan of a specific genre or a movie you should totally check it out to save some money. As for not getting scammed look at trusted sellers, but you can rarely get scammed on eBay.