Where's Your Favorite Place To Buy Wrapping Paper?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by blurinoctober • Dec 23, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    With Christmas just days away, I'm in the midst of last minute wrapping and running out of things to do it with! Where do you to prefer to buy wrapping paper at a value? I've had the paper I have for years so I haven't had to venture out to buy it.

Going out this close to Christmas means a lot of places are going to be running low or out but, well, I'm going to try!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my wrapping paper at The Dollar Tree or the 99 Cent Only Stores. If those places are out of paper, then I go to Big Lots. If Big Lots is out of paper, then I would shop at Target.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I take advantage of this topic to offer some interesting ideas to replace the wrapping paper. They are very nice and creative ideas, it's an interesting alternative for this Christmas:

Poetry on paper: Grab a brown paper bag and cut to the size you’ll need for your gift. Then choose a short phrase like, “kiss the cook” or “my heart is yours” and write it over and over on the paper. Make your handwriting consistent. Every so often, bold the phrase so it stands out. Tie with ribbon or string for added effect. This technique works especially well for those with neat penmanship.

Children’s books: I hate to recommend ripping up children’s books, but some of the bigger ones have pages full of incredible artwork that are large enough to wrap small gifts. Like the cookbooks, you can also find them for less then $1 each at used bookstores and library sales.

Glossy mags: Flip through the pages for special photographs and displays. The pages that catch your eye will make your wrapped gift pop! Use a razor blade or single scissor blade to cut the pages out and then wrap.

Photo collage: First wrap your gift in newspaper or a turned-out brown paper bag. Then drag out your box of old photos – the ones you never sorted into a photo album – and pick a few. If you can group them into themes, that’s even better. Cut out the faces or best parts of the photo, then use glue or double-sided tape to adhere to your gift. Voila! A very thoughtfully wrapped gift.

Young Picasso: Let your children loose on the wrapping paper. Give them large sheets of brown paper bags to decorate with whatever supplies they choose. Then use the paper to wrap gifts. Grandparents will especially enjoy this personal touch (and appreciate the “developing artist” that is your child).

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy my wrapping paper for the next year at the 50% off sales after Christmas. I buy some gift wrap at Dollar Tree because some of it is good looking. You can also go to any office supply, mailing supplies section and buy a roll of brown mailing paper, then write Merry Christmas over and over on it in cursive with a gold marker. Finish the package with gold ribbon.

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I typically stock up on my wrapping paper during those after Christmas sales. I'd pick them up in stores like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, or wherever. At this point I can go a few more Christmases without having to shop for any wrapping paper.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get mine at walmart they have pretty nice wrapping paper and it's only 97 cents a roll if they don't have any i go to the dollar store but i always buy my wrapping paper early so that i won't have to worry about running out.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely ever buy wrapping paper anymore. I wrap presents with old newspapers (usually free ones, like the village voice) and then maybe put a bow on top. People have told me that they kind of like the aesthetic of newspaper wrapped presents, especially with a big red bow on top.

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    If I wrap, I'll use leftover wrapping paper and if we're out then I'll head to the dollar store. I don't understand why some people spend outrageous amounts of money for wrapping paper, especially knowing that it'll just head right into the garbage after Christmas morning. No wonder why we're so much in debt because we waste our dollars on frivolous things!

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here the places where you can buy different wrappers are in National Bookstore and various department stores. But I don't wrap the gifts anymore if I were to give one. I would just give them directly.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Christmas season is a time for giving gifts. I usually wrap more than 50 gifts that sometimes exceed 100. For that, I go to Divisoria, it is the Chinatown here where almost everything is cheap. The classy gift wrappers that cost 20 cents can be bought in Divisoria for half the price. The effort and transportation cost is worth it when buying wrappers in volume. And sometimes I get some orders from my colleagues and I earn a small profit.

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy wrapping paper anymore… but I’m not gonna lie, I couldn’t resist when I noticed Target selling foil leopard print wrapping paper one year! I like a lot of the other patterns they have as well, so it has kind of become my go-to if I ever need to replenish my supply.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't bought wrappers in years because I stocked up a lot around three years ago when I can across a sale that cut the price in half. Seeing as wrapping paper didn't really cost that much and it wasn't too hard to transport, I decided to buy a lot and since then I've just been grabbing from my bin whenever I needed to wrap something. The only problem is that they are generic and not specific to the season or occasion, but I don't mind since people just tear through it anyway.

13. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Dollar stores, assuming I can't find a roll or two lingering in the closet. There doesn't seem to be much point in buying really fancy, expensive wrapping paper, especially if you're buying something for a child. They'll just rip it to shreds.

I personally prefer giving people gift bags rather than wrapping presents. It's less hassle, and gift bags are much easier to reuse. There's one large Toy Story bag that has floated between members of my families for at least five years, now, with no sign of stopping any time soon.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy wrapping paper just after Christmas, when it is significantly reduced. I'll just put it away under the bed until it's needed. I'll always go for non-festive patterns or even plain colored paper as this can be used for any occasion, not just Christmas.

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is exactly what I do. I see out the styles of gift wrap that can be used for other special occasions besides Christmas. I also stock up during post-holiday sales. If I were to run out, which never happens, I'd hit up the Dollar Tree.

I also like to find creative ways to wrap gifts or make fun packages without wrapping paper. I usually end up needing at least some of it though.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, my favorite place to buy wrapping paper and stuff for gifts (like boxes, bows and all of that) is a store called Daiso Japan. It’s a store where everything is a fixed price (although price is different for different locations/countries) and they have all sorts of cute stuff there! The prices are dirty cheap!

17. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time I end up buying my wrapping paper for both holidays and special occaisions at the Dollar Tree.
    I have purchased large multi packs at Walmart before when they had a design or pattern I just HAD to have. Dollar Tree often carries the characters or themes my kids really like anyways though, so it's not really neccesary to spend more.

18. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    You can try any craft stores. I bet even Walmart will have some nice wrapping paper. I don't know of whether or not the dollar store would carry it.