Where's Your Favorite Place To Shop For Bed Linens?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by thisnthat • Feb 14, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a big collection of sheet sets, but I was looking at some on Overstock that seem nice. Have you ever bought sheets from that site?

The last ones I bought were from Walmart. They are Egyptian cotton, and they are soft, comfortable, and easy to care for. They're fine for everyday, but I want to spruce up my room a bit, so I'm thinking about getting a nice set of sheets to go with the new bed cover I recently bought.

Appearance is important but comfort and price are too.

Where do you like to shop for bedding?

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    We actually have a local place here that is surprisingly great at the products they have. I am not really sure how they do it, but their prices are low and the quality is great, and they are all local brands. That is a win win for me.

3. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I like Meijer (when I'm a little low on cash)...and of course Bed Bath & Beyond, they have a wonderful selection but can be a bit pricey.

However, a few years ago I found a STEAL at Walmart in the early Spring. I was in their garden section in the back of the store and they didn't quite have all of their gardening supplies out yet, so they had clearance items sitting on the shelves instead. I found a beautiful, multi-colored flower bed cover for only FOUR DOLLARS. This was about 5 years ago, and I still have it on my bed to this day. I love it. :cool: I goes with anything, matches everything. :):):)

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just checked we don't have any Meijer on Oahu, that I know of or that was 50 miles of me. I usually like what's on sale for bedding. I check what's on the bargain counters for bedding, curtains and the like. I wait for event sales, like President's day sale per se for bedding and for most everything I need too if it's not an urgent matter have things. I window shop a lot for bedding and keep abreast of the lowest prices and compare it everywhere to get the best and lowest prices for bedding. It takes time for window shopping that I enjoy, but in the long run you save money knowing prices.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    There's no particular place as such!
    When and where get a good deal, I purchase.
    There're many local vendors out there who offer good materials in a reasonable price. So, for the regular usage I buy from them. However, if I require something of higher price range, I shop from branded stores.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    You are lucky @larryl332@larryl332.

Yes, I find Bed, Bath, and Beyond to be pricey too, @Natasha0717@Natasha0717.

Oh, thanks for the reminder, @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe. They do have those "white sales" (if they still call them that), where they put linens and things on sale. It seems like those usually happen somewhere around now or around the time people start spring cleaning. Good advice. I'll have to watch for those sales.

I'm usually the same way, @moondebi@moondebi. I usually go wherever I see the best deal. I always comparison shop, but I'm looking for more place to add to my list to compare.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat :) You're very welcome. Isn't it fun to go and get what at you need and pay so much less! I just love it when I find what I need at such a lower price, that your stock at home never depletes. I check thrift stores like Savers and got their red card where you can get even bigger savings on just for us who have Saver's red card on Monday for 25% off & Senior Citizen discount day locally on Tues. we get 30% discount. Love sales where we can save even more money.;)

#7Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It is fun for me too. It's almost like a personal challenge to get the best deals on things. Why waste money on one thing when I can always find something else to spend it on? ;)

I don't have Savers in my area, but there are a few good thrift shops (even one or two "high end" ones that have gently used designer stuff). There are also a couple of the larger ones like Goodwill and Salvation Army, in the city.

I don't generally buy sheets in second hand stores unless I find new ones. I have been lucky a couple of times in finding brand new ones and getting them super cheap. It just doesn't happen very often.