Which Beverage Do You Prefer To Drink, Soda Or Juices?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Feb 25, 2013.

1. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    All of these beverages are largely the same. They are 100 percent sugar !
    But I more prefer to juice, if it is 100% pure juice.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Water here.. most juices are junk. Unless you make it yourself or there isn't a list of ingredients on it, it's garbage for you..

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, maybe an exception to the rule would be if it's canned pineapple juice? They say that it's "fresh".

4. dealsavvy

dealsavvyNew Member

Threads:
    I think we have to go beyond categorizing them as either fruit juices or sodas because when we look at the ingredients itself, often the fruit juices can be worse and not necessary heather. I've had many troubles with gout and I couldn't figure out what was raising my uric acid levels as I reduced my consumption of red meats and hard liquor. But then my friend pharmacist suggested that it may have to do with my fruit juices. There are some studies that demonstrate that high fructose corn syrup may raise the uric levels and contribute to gout.

So, please look at the ingredients itself. If you have a blender, it's best to make your own juice as you know for sure what ingredients go into it. Some juices have added sugar or other ingredients to enhance the flavoring.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not surprising.. high fructose corn syrup is evil stuff and in pretty much everything. We don't buy anything with this ingredient.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I know it is bad for me, but I love a glass of cold Coca Cola. :)

7. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    I am a positive fiend for diet coke; addicted for sure. I would rather drink diet coke than a beer or cocktail. I like it with my meals and unfortunately, I drink more than I should. That's addiction for you!
    Any ideas how I might wean myself from diet coke? I drink well over 10 bottles of water a day and take one to bed with me, as well.
    Have you ever come across coupons for diet coke? I have never seen one and I sure could use it! I have even written a letter to the company in Georgia but they didn't send me one stinking coupon!

8. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I like Mango Juice because it is healthy for us and have big amount of calcium

9. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    i really prefer juices. they have more natural sugar to them which is healthier than the corn syrup put into sodas. i usually drink 100 percent pure, all natural orange juice. i will drink ginger ale from time to time but no other sodas. i mainly drink water and decaf coffee. grapefruit juice is excellent too.

10. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I like sugar free juices. I used to drink way to much soda, so I cut down & these days I feel better for it. I've gotten use to drinking a nice cold glass of fresh orange juice in a morning and then in the evening I like drinking Cranberry juice.

11. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    As the GenXer that I am, I was raised during the rise of the fast food nation and am way too addicted to sweets and sodas. I don't drink nearly enough water or juices and consider soft drinks (especially Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper) to be one of the most significant developments of the past 200 years. I need help!

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to drink soda over juice. The reason I would pick soda over juice is because of the taste of soda compared to juice. I just love the fizz that comes with soda, along with its great taste.

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Seeing how i drink those things so little, i rather go with a soda if i can, just to see if anything has changed. Aside from that i rather drink coffee or water.

14. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Between juice and soda, I have to pick soda on taste. They are both high in calories so I am going for iced tea and if I do drink juices, I use my juicer with carrots, apples and pear. I do like an ice cold Cola or Squirt on a hot day for thirst quenching, but I too am trying to kick the soda habit.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda because it's bad for you and quite expensive when compared to tap water. Tap water and coffee is all I drink. I don't drink coffee very often because it is quite expensive and it disrupts my sleep. Sometimes I add lemon or lime juice to my water to make it more tasty but usually I just have plain old water!

16. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Actually my top thirst-quencher choice is water, but between juice and soda I always choose juice. It's a slightly healthier option (in most cases) and sometimes the carbonation in soda really irritates my nose when I burp. xD

17. SierraW23

SierraW23New Member

Threads:
    Juice- hands down! I used to drink soda as a kid before I learned about all of the sugar it contains. Once I stopped drinking it, the taste of it doesn't seem the same so I could never drink it again. Now I try to drink water, tea, and 100% juice. I sometimes make my own. I think that drinking juice is not a bad thing. It depends on the quality of juice you drink- like if it's watered down and contains a bunch of additives or if it's made from real fruit and vegetables. I think that makes the difference. As for soda, I will never drink that again.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink more tea than juice. I don't drink soda at all. Coffee is also one of the drinks I will have daily.

19. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I always choose water. I find that nothing is more refreshing and it helps that calories are cut from your day when you substitute with water. I like juices sometimes, but the cheaper ones are filled with corn syrup and sugar. The pure ones are outrageously priced. For example, pure cranberry juice can cost almost ten dollars for one bottle that serves 4-6 at the most.

20. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I prefer to drink to drink only Mango and banana juice because i like their taste and also they have high volume of calcium that is helpful for us. I drink 2 glass of juices daily One is mango juice in morning and banana juice in evening