Which book are you reading?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Banister • Oct 24, 2013.

1. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I am recently reading the GIFTED HANDS BY Ben Carson and I love it when I can see how he changed from a the last in his class to be a renown surgery doctor all over the globe. Just like him when I was I high school I was a failure but at the end of the course I emerged a winner and to be frank am nowadays running a company which I couldn’t imagine of. Thanks to Ben Carson…was anyone here just like me?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I just finished an historical-fiction novel about the breakout of the post-WW2 camp called "Atlit."

The book is Day After Night by Anita Diamant.

I read The Red Tent by the same author years ago and loved it. This book wasn't as good to me. Hard to keep characters straight, and it got a little long. On the flip side, historically speaking, I knew nothing about all this, even in all my studies of the Holocaust, so it was a worthwhile read.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I was in the mood for something funny so I read Single White Vampire by Lyndsay Sands. This is one of my favorite vampire novels by her. This book got me into her Argeneau series. I have almost all the books and each and every one of them are good. I like how she puts lots of humor into her romance series. I hope she has many more books to come in this series.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    OP, that sounds like an interesting book! I love stories like that!
    I'm reading 50 shades of grey... yeah I am... never read it before, finally took the plunge. So far I like it :)

5. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Yeah! its really interesting and anyone reading it would want to keep rereading it now and then after a short time of rest. I haven't read or heard of the 50 shades of grey but I would admire reading it...Just to ask how is the going so far...is it a boring one or an interesting one?

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I'm reading the "House of Night" series by P.C. Cast. It's a Young Adult Fantasy fiction that consists of 12 books. I'm reading book one "Marked". It's very good so far, which talks about how the main character becomes a vampire.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I am reading Heat: An amateur cook in a professional kitchen. It should be more specific. It seems he is in Mario Batali's kitchen and interacting with a mostly Italian cuisine.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Currently reading Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes. It's ok, not his best work and the stories are very inconsistent but when it's good, it's very good.

9. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:

I just finished Kingmaker by Christian Cantrell. I found Christian Cantrell on Amazon as a newer author, and now have read two of his books. Both were incredible. I'm so glad I found him. His first book was called Containment about a human colony on Venus. It was very smart and believable and I loved the ending. Kingmaker didn't disappoint, either. Can't wait to see more from him. Containment is only $3 for the ebook, and Kingmaker is only $2 right now at Amazon. Totally worth it.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am re-reading Caves of Steel by Asimov. I initially read it in the early '90s. It was the first book I ever read by Issac Asimov. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I love his work even though he doesn't write female character well.

11. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    I am book lover. I can Read different type of book. In Selection of book, The Subject Line is so much Important. I can Read that kind of book Which give me more informative and Interesting.

12. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    Right now I am reading Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld. So far, I am really enjoying it. It is a story about twin sisters who have ESP.

13. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    I am currently reading MJ DeMarco's Millionaires Fast Lane. I love it! It's given me such a different perspective on life and the way I look at life and opportunities. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants another outlook on life!

14. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently reading A Purpose Driven Life. I usually read lengthy novels (averaging about 2 books per month), but decided to switch to something that provokes self improvement.

15. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I'm currently reading Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter's The Long Earth, it's a great science fiction book and the premises is really enjoyable! I'm also listening to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (an audio-book) again on long drives.