Which chain makes the best shakes or malts?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Dec 28, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of McDonald's chocolate shakes and probably tie them with In and Out shakes? What is your favorite?

2. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Steak and Shake, Dairy Queen, and Sonic have the best shakes in my opinion. This summer, we tried to taste all the shakes at sonic, but we only got so far before we both found a "favorite", and that's where we stuck!! I used to work at a Dairy Queen, and I like how you can kind of make up your own creation there. They don't tell you that, but when you order you can tell them, "put some chocolate in that". They will custom make it for you.

3. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I sure do wish that there was an In and Out in my city so I could try it out. McDonalds does have some pretty good chocolate milkshakes when they actually make them the right way and don't rush. However, I think my vote would go to Sonic! During the summertime they do the half priced milkshakes after a certain time and I fell in love. Not only was the price a bonus but they actually were delicious!

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I would say that my vote would have to go for Steak and Shake. I like the shakes at Sonic, but I feel the ones at Steak and Shake are a lot thicker and have a richer flavor.

I have to say that I do not care for the shakes from McDonalds at all.They are runny and lack flavor in my opinion.

5. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks...as a former Midwesterner I do remember Steak and Shake. I still search them out on road trips out that way and yes...mmmm good burger and shake!

6. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Myself at home does. I like making my own shakes at home because I can customize them the way I like them. As far as restaurants go, I really like Steak 'N Shake's shakes. Culvers and Dairy Queen are also two other places that make good shakes.

7. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to go with Sonic on this one. I do not care for there food very much, but I do think they make excellent milkshakes.

8. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly I don't have Steak 'N Shake or Dairy Queen in my area, the best shakes I have around here are McDonald's, but even better than those are a small ice cream shop in the mall, they make fantastic shakes!

9. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I think I am going to have to declare Dairy Queen the winner of this one, that's kind of what they are known for :). Other than that I am a big fan of Sonics shakes.

10. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    I had my first In-N-Out shake while on the way to San Diego a couple of years ago. It was so good that I called In-N-Out customer service to tell them how much I love them. You should give the neapolitan shake a try. And everything's really decently priced too. And while you're there, have a burger. Just have one, and come back and thank me!

11. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Steak and Shakes, I had my first from there last time I was in Ohio. I really wish they would add a S&S to our town, I miss the chilli as well.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not much of a milkshake drinker... if I'm having something super fat and cold it will most likely be a frappucino, and most likely at Starbucks! But as far as milkshakes go, I have pretty much only had them at McDonald's and Wendy's, and both were pretty decent. So I would say those two are ok.

13. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Living in L.A., I don't have a Steak N Shake around here, which is too bad because I've heard good thinks about it. I have been to Dairy Queen when I lived elsewhere and their shakes were very good. As for what they have in my area, I would say McDonald's Wendy's and In-n-Out Burger.

14. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm assuming you're talking about fast food places. I'd get In&Out if I wanted something fast. However, good places to check out in the L.A. area are The Counter (they sell burgers made w/natural ingredients) and Ruby's Diner.

Both places are sit down restaurants that are spread out in L.A. County but very much worth the gas.

15. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    If you mean big chain places, I'd have to say that Dairy Queen has pretty good vanilla milkshakes. But if you want an AMAZING milkshake, I really suggest going to a Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop. We have one directly across from my work, and I'll go in and get a milkshake every so often. (I also get a discount cause I work on the mall, so woohoo!) Their milkshakes are the best tasting shakes that I've ever had.

There was also a place in Albuquerque that had amazing shakes, but I forgot the name over is. It might have been called The Shooting Star? I just know it was pretty popular out there. Also, a lot of local diners where I live have great tasting milkshakes, but there's to many to name. Star Diner and Rio Grande Diner probably have the best ones locally though. (Also, Rio Grande is the town, and no it's not in Mexico. I'm on the East Coast, haha.)

16. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been so long since I've had a milkshake! I do remember having an in and out burger and those were good, really fresh so are the fries from what I can remember. They don't have in and out burger in my state and it's been years since I've had one.

17. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Chick-fil-a shakes. They always have great tasting ice cream and I enjoy the thickness of the shake so it doesn't seem like a smoothie. I also like Sonic shakes because they have so many to choose from. Cheesecake is the best.