Which Chain Restaunts Need to be Featured on Kitchen Nightmares?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jneanz • May 18, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm talking about casual dining restaurants here. On the show, they feature indie-run places that may or may not have a following. However, there are known places that could stand a makeover.

Now, my 80+ y.o. grandmother loves Red Lobster. IMO, they are okay as far as frozen seafood goes. A little salty like Outback and Chili's but it goes with the territory. However, the Red Lobster near me is simply horrid.

The decor is dark and dated. There is a musty smell like they never steam their carpet. I've had cold food served to me and servers who could not deal with shellfish. Management once let a family cut up to where they were disturbing other diners.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    OMG - Sharis Restaurant!

This low-budget joint serves up some of the worst food. Also, their conditions, especially popular ones, is mediocre at best. I can't believe people continue to eat at Sharis. After my last experience with them, I vowed NEVER to pay money for their food again.

6015942.JPG

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The last few times I was in a Ruby Tuesdays, they were pretty pathetic. Applebee's sucks as well. That whole look and atmosphere is do outdated. I'm not sure which came first, but they both look like ripoff's of TGI Friday's to me, which has at least tried to re-vamp their image over the past 15 years.

Ruby Tuesday's has no identity. It's just dark and dreary inside, and there is nothing distinct or memorable about their food. They don't have any signature dishes or drinks that they are known for, really. They are also really chintzy on their cocktails, making the bartenders measure out everything - because heaven forbid you get more than 1.5 oz of well liquor in that $6 cocktail they are selling you. I mean, seriously, I could buy almost a whole bottle of well liquor for what they are charging me for one weak cocktail there, and that's not even including the tip.

Applebee's is so desperate for customers that they keep trying to slash their prices down to fast food level prices. The problem is, the food isn't much more remarkable than fast food either. Not to mention, the servers are ultimately getting screwed over because it's cutting into their overall checks, and thus percentage of check as a tip. Many of the Applebee's I've been into lately look like they haven't even attempted to remodel them since the mid-90's.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Applebee's. *shudder* This place has gone downhill over the years. I remember they used to have some okay food - nothing spectacular, but still okay. Now, however, it's just a greasy, outdated mess. Their food all tastes the same - just a big pile of grease and radiation from being microwaved too long. Ha. TGI Friday's also makes me a bit queasy in this way as well, and TGI Friday's is also very overpriced to me!

Now Chili's? That place is fantastic. I love Chili's. I have never ever been disappointed when I've been there, and the atmosphere feels more fresh and happy.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Red Lobster. Oh, man, have I heard some kitchen horror stories about that place. If I want to have seafood this is definitely not the place I am going to risk eating out for seafood at. No thank you.

6. sawan20

sawan20Banned

Threads:
    I think, McDonald needs to add more features like this.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like the Ruby Tuesday in my town. We have eaten at others in various places, though, and weren't really impressed. The one that we eat at is clean and nice, plus we get Ruby Tuesday coupons all the time. Some of them are pretty good, like buy one entrée and get 50% off your second.

As for restaurants that I think need to be on Kitchen Nightmares...well, I'm not really sure. I guess I would have to see the back of them to really know. The ones here have all been recently remodeled, so everything seems to be in good shape and clean. I'm not saying the food is the best, but I'm realistic about what I can expect when ordering a $1 cheeseburger. I just expect the place to be clean and sanitary...