Which Chore Do You Dread Doing The Most?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Jan 21, 2015.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually hate all the chores but the one that makes me really sad is cleaning the toilet. I wish I could get someone else to do it for me. But I have never thought about keeping a person for that as it is quite pricey.

2. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Folding laundry! I can wash it all day, but I abhor folding it and putting it away. I seriously have a hamper that's filled so high with clean clothes that if I look at it wrong it's liable to come crashing down. I wish there was a machine I could throw it all in that could fold it for me.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I could afford to pay someone to clean my house, you bet I would. I can't afford it, so I just push through. I have trouble at times due to chronic pain, so I have to just keep doing it a little bit at a time until it's done. Sometimes, I can only stand for about 10 minutes at a time, so I have to break it up. I'd rather just be able to get something done all at once than having to keep going back. That makes it feel like I've been doing it all day, even though I haven't. Dishes are my least favorite, for many of the same reasons others have listed.

4. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Gardening! I always feel like there is nothing that I could do. I would always end up purchasing more and more plants. I hated the feeling of not being able to make any major changes, and I would slowly feel the dread creeping up on me. Any changes on the landscape takes a lot of time to plan and to regularly spending my time gardening just seems like a full-time job.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess it's weird for me to answer this question when I don't really do chores but I will someday I would hope. I think I would hate doing the laundry the most. There's too much work to it. It's not like you just scrub stains away. You have to separate put the stain stuff on turn on the washer to a certain setting then put it in the dryer when it's done. Then you have to put the clothes away (which I do put my clothes away obviously so that alone isn't bad but if I was washing my clothes and putting them away that would suck). This can take all day because things take a long time to dry. I also seem to remember that when we lived in a house, it was so easy for the washer or dryer to break.

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Doing the cat pan. Hands down. I've gotten used to doing it, but my God I hate doing it. o_O

7. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    This is going to sound a little wimpy but I hate making my bed. Note that this doesn't mean that I don't do it. It's just that I'm not a morning person and the moment I wake up there's a chore waiting for me. I hate it while I'm doing it, but when I'm finished I get a sense of satisfaction.

8. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Cleaning the carpets is probably the worst chore that I can do. Not only it would take me a considerable amount of time to finish vacuuming the carpets, but I would also find out that the carpets would still be filled with dust and dirt no matter how hard I tried. Sometimes, I wish I could call those carpet cleaners and just let them do all of their work. They also have those nice carpet cleaners that use water and then suck it along with the dirts and the dust on the carpets. However, because I am on a budget, those thoughts stay as unfulfilled dreams.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really think much about my chores anymore. I just put on some music and do what needs to be done. I am not overly concerned with dirty windows or unmade beds, but I don't like unwashed dishes or a dirty bathroom, so I just keep cleaning and tidying up as I go along. A little attention here and there throughout the day really saves a lot of cleaning time and energy in the long run.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I know how that is. I've had rabbits more than any other animal in my life and they were relatively low maintenance so I definitely loved having them. The only part I hated was cleaning the litter pan. You can't just clean it up every single time they go like you do a dog going outside and combining that with the pee with the litter makes it so mushy.
    I would think everyone would hate doing this though.

11. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind doing household chores, as long as some one else put them away, like the dishes, and the laundry. The only thing I really dislike is dusting! Our house seems to generate lots of dust even though we barely have carpet in the house. I just can't figure it out.

12. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like ironing. I have tried before and unfortunately I burned my pants. How bad of me. After that shameful and horrible incedent I don't iron anymore. I don't want to lose anymore dress. :(

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mopping the floor and folding clothes are my least favorite chores! I actually enjoy doing laundry and ironing clothes, and I also don't mind washing dishes. But I hate folding my clothes neatly and moping the floor. Those are exhausting and I never do them well!

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like sweeping the floor or vacuuming. That's why I don't do them as often as normal people do. Also, cleaning the electric fan is also a chore that I don't want to do, but I must do it when the dust piles up. If we don't own an automatic washing machine then I probably don't want to wash clothes too. Lol, I'm kinda lazy. :D

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I really hate doing the laundry. It just consumes too much of time which is annoying. However, I do like doing the dishes and cleaning the house, whenever I do these chores, I would eventually sing just to relieve the stress of dealing with all of them.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The chore that I dislike doing the most is cleaning the bathroom. I am definitely a bit of a germaphobe, and have been more or less all of my life, and the bathroom is a horrible place for germs. It seems to collect dirt and grime in a whole other way than the other rooms int he house tend to, and I hate cleaning it.