Which Clothing Items Are The Most Difficult To Buy For You?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Oct 23, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a small in everything, but particularly jeans and I don't get along. I find a pair of jeans (in my "size") that I really like, try it on and it's either a little big or a little small. I like jeans that fit tight below the waist, but I find it more and more difficult to find ones that will be tight there. I feel like I'm carrying a sack with me when I walk around.

2. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I find it difficult to see a pair of jeans that fits me really well. I have a big hips and so the problem is the hip part will fit but it's a bit big in the waist area. I always have a hard time in buying jeans.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    That would be jeans for me. I always have a hard time finding jeans that would fit me because I'm a bit curvy around the hips, but I've got a small waste. That's why I just always go for dresses because I don't have much problems with finding one that would suit me fine.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    For me, it's any kind of pants, especially jeans. This is mostly due to the fact that the fashion trends don't seem to flatter my figure or fit right. I like stretch jeans, but they're getting hard to find lately, so I have to really shop around and look hard. I do have a pair of jeans that I found that just had a little spandex in them, not what I'm used to and was surprised they kinda fit. But I do need to wear a belt with them.

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have a problem with blouse. Feminine looking blouses and clothes for work. I mean not for those worn at home when working from home, but clothes that would fit me and look nice when I go to places and for job interviews. I'm used to wearing Polo style t-shirt and jeans, so those are my things. Blouses are difficult to see, and I am unable to tell just from the way the blouses hang on a clothes hanger how they would be a good fit or not.

6. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I do have a lot of body privilege and I barely have problems getting clothes to fit. I actually do most of my shopping online or in thrift stores and most things fit. The one item I've always found difficult to buy is pants. I haven't owned a pair in over 3 years because I think they look weird on me. I also hate how pants seem to ride up your legs when you get up after sitting a while. I wear skirts and dresses year round.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually have trouble with body-fit clothes. I have a bone defect which has not yet been corrected so as much as I would like to wear normal tees and blouses, I purposely buy the baggy ones just to hide this bone deformation. It doesn't look so bad and people don't easily recognize it. However, when I accidentally bend over to pick out something, the hump shows. I can't find a lot of clothes that do a good job of hiding slight protrusions in one's bones so I always end up buying cardigans and boleros.

8. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I hardest one for me has to be jean! If I find one that fits my belly, then the length is way to long, and vice versa! I don't like to buy a new one and then have to spend time fixing it when I get home. So it takes me a long time to find the perfect one that I would actually buy and don't return.

9. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Oddly enough, bras and shoes are the hardest. They will fit perfectly the first time I wear them. But then after that it depends on the day. What fits today will be too big or too small tomorrow. Then it will fit perfectly again the day after that.

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is button up shirts. I have a large bust and so I have to buy shirts a size bigger than I should have to just so the buttons in the chest area look right. It is rather annoying, but there is nothing I can do about it. The stomach area then looks a little more baggy than I would like it to.

11. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean! The bigger shirts make my shoulders look really broad, too

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The hardest thing for me to buy would have to be a swimsuit. I'm not built for a one piece. They somehow make me look short when actually they are never long enough from shoulder to crotch. I'm not fond of tankinis or swim dresses and I'm a bit old for bikinis. I have finally settled on bikini tops with swim shorts, but even the swim shorts can be a little tricky.

13. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    LOL Pants. Usually jeans which is what I love to wear. They either fit my hips and are big on my waist or...actually there is no or. If it WERE to fit my waist they dont go up past my hips. LOLOL

14. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shoes and pants. Especially the look and style I want them to be. Can't seem to ever get them right. Especially the size. :<

15. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    Jeans are definitely the most difficult for me. I play soccer, so my legs are built but I have a small waist. Jeans that fit my calves are usually to big and droopy for my hips. Low ride jeans almost never stay up either. I've found that skinny jeans work better than most jeans, ironically, because they stretch to fit my shape but still fit my waist.