Which Conndiments Do You Use?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Nov 18, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I don't consider food to be complete without using condiments which alre add some nutrients to the food. Some people like them fresh and natural like coriander or pepper. While I prefer these, the enhanced flavour of artificial condiments is hard to resist. I use Royco Mchuzi Mix or chilli cubes. Which condiments do you use?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Mchuzi mix is quite popular in East Africa isn't it?

I like pickles, papad, salads and buttermilk as condiments.

If nothing is available green chillies or raw onion suffices.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I use coriander, mint, bay and curry leaves as taste enhancers. Apart from that, I make a spice mix with cardamon, cinnamon, and cloves which gives a nice aroma to the food. I almost never use artificial flavor due to their side effects. However, butter scotch and vanilla are my favorite food scents which I use while baking cakes.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I always love garlic powder as well as this type of vinegar called Pinakurat. I love dipping it with fish and chicken especually grilled and fried ones. Pinakurat is also best with marinating fish and chicken. It is a local vinegar in our place and it is also being exported internationally so you might as well should try it :)

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our culture, condiments are a must in the dining table. Fish sauce is the most common followed by soy sauce, catsup, hot sauce, etc. But I learned to eat without condiments. What is a burger without catsup? Still great if the burger is good. I am saving money but my objective is to be healthy by avoiding salty condiments specially those with preservatives.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends, but ketchup and or mustard on meat like hot dogs and hamburgers, also taco sauce, chutney with Indian food, mayonaise..jelly with breakfast foods, I like a lot of different condiments. I had some Thai food yesterday with a chili sauce condiment.

7. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I love ketchup and mustard on a chili dog. But NO onions or relish.

Then, when it comes to a chicken sandwich and french fries, I like a side of Ranch Dressing for the sandwich, and a side of mayo for the fries. Then I take some ketchup, put it right next to the mayo, and double-dip the fries into both of them at the same time. :D

As for salad dressings (which I guess can be considered condiments), I like French, Italian, Thousand Island, and Ranch. Ranch goes best when you eat the salad with a piece of bread and butter on the side, French and Thousand Island on a salad go best when you're eating it with some type of sandwich, and Italian Dressing/with salad is best when your main dish is either pizza or spaghetti.

8. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It is interesting to learn of all the different condiments that are used as favourites across the world. Being English, I of course like mustard and horseradish with beef and tartar sauce with fish.

Most of us like tomato ketchup with a fry up but I prefer the spicy HP sauce. I generally like to have the condiments that compliment the dish, for example, redcurrant jelly with lamb or poultry, and mint sauce with lamb.

9. AngelaMc

AngelaMcNew Member

Threads:
    Condiments really add that little bit of zip to your food. I love horseradish sauce on roast beef sandwiches. It gives that little bit of heat you crave sometimes. Burgers on the other hand definitely has to have the basic condiments, such as ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.

There are so many options in which you can choose with each meal, due to the fact there are so many good options at the market today. Sometimes it is good to experiment with different things, to see which condiments goes with your meals.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ketchup, mustard & relish with pickles on my veggie burgers. I love salt and pepper with my tuna mix so I use lemon pepper now to consume less salt. I bought fine sea salt I found at Ross Dept. Store on Senior Discount Day witch is Tuesdays here in Honolulu. There are weekly sales here in Hawaii with ads in the Sunday newspapers or in Midweek newspapers to check on for condiments go on sale all the time with spices from time to time on sale too. We have Walmart too where prices are very economical when your condiments aren't on sale and you need them to buy from. I love to put dried parsley in my egg salads or when frying food. I like to spice my food with turmeric which is good for your health. I put cinnamon in my coffee to stop diabetes 2 from ever happening too. I like ginger and garlic dried or minced in bottles or tubes to add to my cooking for better health too.

11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    With all the condiments available, I do not use any of them since I cook the food with the right flavor. And if ever I would use some, I would be using a bit of black pepper or green pepper which of course depends on what food am I eating. But most of the time, I do not use condiments since I do not want the flavor to be ruined. Even when we eat outside, I eat the food without condiments for me to have a better taste of the food.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    For my burgers and hotdogs I love ketchup but hate mustard instead I add extra cheese. When cooking meals I like to use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and chicken broth paste. Since I love my food spicey but cook for both my daughter and I, I make seperate batches of salsa and a bowl of onion with cilandro.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am obsessed with slawsa!

I first saw this gourmet condiment on the TV show Sharktank. The woman who invented this piece of deliciousness didn't get investment from the Sharks but her business became successful.

I eat one Jar a week because I use this condiment of daily basis on everything that is not a dessert.I love both the original and the spicy.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    That Slawsa does look pretty interesting, but good and worth a try. I am pretty basic, but I have given up on ranch for the most part, and that is a good thing for me.

15. elitesquatter

elitesquatterNew Member

Threads:
    Whoah, I wonder how Slawsa would actually taste like. I'll take note of it in case I see it on shelves. Have you tried Baconnaise? It's obviously a cross between Bacon and Mayonnaise. I don't know if it's healthy but it's good stuff.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Slawsa is kind of tangy with a kick of a little mustard. It also reminded me a bit of Kimchi minus the smell of the fish sauce. It works well for burgers and hot dogs. I stopped using ketchup for it because it can replace ketchup because it offers the same tangy and sweet flavor minus the sugar and calories.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say I like olive oil on everything and people can get really picky about the way each olive oil can taste as well I have heard. I know that the french painter Cezanne would take his own oilve oil with him when he dined at somebodies house. I like to drizzle it on vegetables,pasta,bread and meat as well. The flavors can range from a rich pepperly finish to fruity and grassy.

18. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I use a variety of condiments depending on the dish. For instance, I like to eat steamed grouper fish with mayonnaise dip. For dishes or vegetables that we cook with coconut milk, we use a special shrimp paste to add a special flavor and aroma to the dish. Then on days when we want to have a taste of Japanese soup, I have miso soup paste on hand which I cook with tofu. I also use bay leaves when cooking meat with soy sauce and vinegar.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    My favorites are basically: tomato, onion, pepper, organo and spicy sauces. These are the types of spices I use pretty much in all my favorite recipes. I like these spices because the flavors are great and very striking.

20. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I never heard of this. It sounds good. I am imagining it right now on a barbecue sandwich. The problem is that it may have added sugars and salts. I would like to try it though. It really sounds pretty good, and something I would be interested in. I watch Shark Tank I must have missed that one!

#20May 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017