Which Console Has The Best Multiplayer Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Colebra • Feb 24, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    You might have seen my posts around here, so by now you might know that I'm on a mission to turn my apartment into the perfect party house...
    I have the best friends, so it's really for them.
    Plus we might get some girls in here, and we be messin with some alcohol... You know... Good times. ;)

What I would like everyone's thoughts on is the following:

Which console has the best multiplayer games?
    I'll eventually buy a projector, and this will be an epic gaming room. (on a budget of course :D)
    I need games that make people go nuts!

What do you think is my best bet?

Thanks everyone! :)

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most multiplayer games are cross-platform. In terms of local multiplayer, you probably don't have too much choice nowadays. It's either fighting games or party games like Mario Party or Rockband. So, depending on what you prefer, I'd say PS3 or a Wii U.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds more like you're looking for local co-op party games. In which case I would go with the Wii, games like Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Mario Party are great party games exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I misread and panicked because I thought you said that online multiplayer is cross-platform. One day, hopefully.

Anyways, I'd actually have to say that the Wii U is the best console for party-like gaming among friends. You've got the classics in Mario Kart and Party, but there are tons of games that provide hours of entertainment and competition among friends. I feel like that's a better atmosphere when everyone's at a party rather than competing against strangers online.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish. It's actually not hard to make a game's MP cross-platform, but Microsoft and Sony's politics are blocking it. At least we will have cross-platform multiplayer with Street Fighter 5, thanks to Sony's monetary involvement in that..

6. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that if you are looking to have a really good time with your friends then you should think about getting the WII U. That console has some of the most fun games in the world and if you are looking to have a good time with your friends then I think that you should get one if you don't already.