Which do you prefer Netflix or RedBox?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • May 21, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    They are both about convience, but I'd really rather go with Redbox since they are like literally everywhere and I honestly have two of them up the street. Netflix does have things I like about it like their streaming service and their recommendations, but I don't flims often enough to make it a good service and I always have the worry something will get lost in the mail or broken and I'll be charged. What about ya'll?

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to say Netflix. You don't have to worry about returning them at the store where you got them. I also enjoy the streaming that Netflix offers. It has killed many a hour watching movies on my phone at various appointments. SO yeah definately more bank for the buck with Netflix.

3. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I use Redbox on occasion for new releases that I don't want to wait for; otherwise I am happy with my Netflix subscription. I just have a streaming account but with all the options, there is always something I can watch. I like watching old TV series they have available too.

My satellite contract ends in September and I think I am going to cancel it and just get an HD antenna. With that and my Netflix account I should be happy. Saves me money too!

4. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    I am in love with Netflix. Because I can get its account for a month for free with VCC. I have used it in recent 2 months and have found very nice picture and sound qualities in every category.

5. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I don't really use either, but if I were to use them more often, I'd use Redbox. Netflix is a monthly thing that I have to commit to, and I could be paying a lot of money when there's nothing really to watch. Redbox is great if you just want to watch single movies that you are anticipating, and you can play the DVDs on your computer or your TV, of course.

6. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I have netflix streaming but get new releases in the Redbox. I like them both.

7. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I usually just download what I want at home. However sometimes when I need a physical game to play I use redbox because its instant.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love how you don't have to leave your house for Netflix and you can just stream in under a minute. Redbox does have an advantage because they have free codes so you can get free rentals all of the time. I just hate having to return them and often forget. I like Redbox's selection and sometimes I get nervous about swiping my card. I will say that Netflix needs to pick up new titles if they don't want to lose more customers.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Netflix. But, that could be due to the fact that I was using Netflix for many years prior to the existence of Redbox. I like that no matter how long I keep the movie, the price I'm paying doesn't change. If there are a lot of Redboxes, then there are twice as many mail boxes. I know what is on its way because I can look at my que instead of hoping what I want will be in the Redbox.

Also, the streaming over my console.

10. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    Netflix you order through the mail. and return thru the mail . Also Netflix has thousands of games , movies , and tv shows streaming instantly , through your game system . So I prefer netflix above all.

11. mecallatress

mecallatressNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer netflix! It saves time, money, and energy!

12. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I rather Netflix because I don't have to leave my house lol. Plus Netflix have more movies to pick from. Plus I could watch unlimited movies for $7 instead of paying a dollar a movie with red box. That will add up on you in no time.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going with Netflix because I never heard of Redbox before. I don't even think Redbox is worldwide, but I could be wrong. Netflix is a better choice because you don't have to leave your house. Imagine if you go to Redbox and they don't have the movie you want then you just wasted time. With Netflix I know if the movie is in stock and I know exactly when it will be arriving at my home.

14. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I prefer Netflix, especially for the instant streaming. All the content in their library for $7 a month, you can watch it whenever, wherever. Or Redbox for $1 for 1 movie for 1 night? No thanks, I'll stick Netflix. Plus they've got entire seasons and series of TV shows!

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's interesting that so many people hear love it, when on another forum I post to more people liked Redbox. I wonder why? Personally I find it hard to get the streaming function to work even with broadband, so I just don't see the point in it. I mean if I can't stream then I have to use the physical means and considering how long that takes it's easier to hit Redbox and watch my movie. I mean I don't watch movies enough to have a need for a monthly fee.

16. hawynstud

hawynstudNew Member

Threads:
    I would definitely have to go with Netflix. I rarely go to the movie theaters anymore since my children are really young and would make too much noise in them. I tried Netflix on a trial basis and fell in love with their service. You don't really have to worry about the movies being damaged in the mail because it won't be your fault. I have had dvd's that didn't work when I got them and I just sent them back in to get another. I live in Hawaii and it still only takes 2 days for the movie to come in, so I just set my que and get to watch a movie every two days. You can also watch some of the movies on your computer, or stream them to your smart tv or xbox.

17. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Netflix appears to be easier to use. You do not have to go out of your way and actually pick up a movie.

The disadvantage is obviously that you will not have access to the latest releases. This is always going to be the case with Netflix as Redbox and similar stores will always have the latest releases before.

18. TylerC94

TylerC94New Member

Threads:
    Definitely netflix, the ability to watch movies instantly or have them sent to me in a day is amazing.

19. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    I personally prefer Netflix as it offers both rental service through mail as well as online streaming service. Netflix has a good collection and I use my PS3 to watch the movies on my HD TV. No need of PC. Haven't tried Redbox yet but seems to be a good cheaper alternative. May be I'll give it a shop after my current subscription ends.

20. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I like them both for different things. We have Netflix streaming which has enough older movies to keep me interested and enough TV shows to keep me happy. I'm currently re-watching every single episode of every single Star Trek series through Netflix streaming. The fact I can watch whenever I want and it keeps my place makes it totally worthwhile.

I have a Redbox 1/2 mile up the road I rent from for newer releases. The thing that makes it really convenient is that it's outside my grocery store so I'm there every couple of days anywhere and don't have to go out of my way. Plus, they send me discount coupon codes and you can always find discount codes online, so it's usually a good deal.