Which do you prefer Netflix or RedBox?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • May 21, 2012.

1. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    Man, Netflix is such a rip off. I'm definitely going with RedBox. Last month I cancelled my membership with them. They barely added new online movies to watch. :(

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have an Amazon Prime membership? You can go with RedBox for your new releases and do your streaming of everything else with Amazon Instant Video. They have apps on both the PS3 and XBox now. It should make the transition from Netflix a little easier for you and your family.

3. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love them both! We have Redboxes everywhere so we always rent the newest releases from them. We also use Netflix, but only the streaming subscription. It has a few newer movies as well as older ones. I also love Netflix because it has a kids only section and my son loves watching his favorites cartoons and can watch entire seasons. For example, they have the old Mario Brothers cartoon and Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So it seems like the thing folks like is the streaming part rather then the movie aspect. As a someone who generally doesn't watch movies and who doesn't really stream I have no need for Netflix which is why I go for Redbox. Hm.

5. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used a disk player in a long time (ours broke and I've never felt the need to replace it since PPV and streaming movies seems to work fine), but when I did, I preferred Red Box or a video store. I have Netflix now, but only pay for the streaming service, and I've only really been watching TV shows. I don't like to wait for disks to arrive in the mail, especially when I've gotten hooked on a series and want to keep watching episodes. I guess I'm just too impatient, LOL.

6. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    I enjoy both services and use both, but I give RedBox the edge. Netflix makes such a big deal about their online streaming but most of the content on there is pretty dated. It's great for television shows but Netflix streaming lacks a lot when it comes to movies.

With RedBox, I'm paying roughly $1.30 a day for a movie that's typically a new release. I can drop it off the next day, keeping the total cost to $1.30. Overall, it's a much cheaper option if you only check out a handful of films a month.

I suppose Netflix's DVD package might be worthwhile but if you bundle the DVD package with Online, you're probably wasting $.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Netflix. They are great for watching old television shows which is what I watch. If there's a movie I really want to see, I'll use RedBox.

8. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I prefer the ease of Netflix. Its easy and effortless and also very cheap. Pretty much any movie I feel like watching at my finger tips I mean what else more could I ask for?

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had Netflix, canceled when I realized I was pAying for something I was not using.

10. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, if I were really into streaming or I watched movies all the time then Netflix would be alright to use. However, I don't do that and so it was just money I was handing out for no reason.

11. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i use netflix streaming cause its more convenient for me i can watch it right on my tv plus its way cheaper then going to redbox all the time.