Which do you prefer - Wal-Mart Super Center or the Super Market/Grocery Stores

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AutumnFaith2012 • Apr 24, 2013.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    As they paid my bills for two years, I'm sort of loyal to Walmart. I can get all of my stuff cheaper there and I've never, personally, run into any issues in the food. If I do, I may just reconsider, but I'm not any time soon. I spend double if I go to an actual grocery store and that just isn't okay with me.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop at both my local supermarket and Walmart's grocery section. My local Walmart is clean and the produce section is pretty nice. I think it depends on location. I've been to a bad Walmart location in the past, in a different neighborhood, but the one near me happens to be nice and I have never had any problems with the produce.

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely the grocery store for our family. If I am at Walmart and need a couple items that are packaged, I will probably get those couple items but that's about it. I don't like their produce at Walmart and many times the meat looks crappy or bad. I have seen steaks that looked like you would get sick if you ate it.

4. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    I probably buy a lot of things from all the stores mentioned, but I can't see myself buying food from them. I usually get my groceries from local supermarkets and I always get my meat from local my local butcher, no exception.

5. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I prefer to go to Costco due to the quantities I receive in food. It is a great deal for the entire family. There variety in foods are amazing and they change there displays in office work, clothing, makeup, clothes, and the list goes on. Walmart on the other hand, I use for purchasing gifts, and hair accessories.. I like Walmart and I think it is very convenient especially knowing that it is close by home.

6. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I've never been to a Walmart and never will. (Ok, except maybe to gawk.) We don't have any in my area and I don't like their unethical labor practices.

7. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I actually been to two different Walmarts this week in addition to two different supermarket. I like Walmart market area to buy my organic vegetables that I can't find at my local supermarket. I also notice that they have a lot of their seasons that I would buy at my local supermarket for half the price. So I usually go there for condiments and vegetables. I don't buy chicken there it is always cheaper at my local market. So I really just price compare and go there for items they don't have at my local market.

8. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Walmart Super-center because it is a one stop shop. A one stop shop really comes in handy when I need multiple things but don't have the time to travel to two different stores. However, if I'm strictly grocery shopping I prefer the grocery store. The lines at Walmart can get pretty out of control depending on the time of the day and sometimes there is low stock when something is on sale.

#28May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  9. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I would much rather buy from a grocery store, but unfortunately we don't have much choice where I live at. There aren't but a couple of grocery stores here and some things you can buy there at reasonable prices but other things are just over priced. So a lot of the time I have no choice but to shop at wal mart for some of my items.

10. jilliansorenson

jilliansorensonNew Member

Threads:
    I am pretty cheap so I prefer Wal-Mart SuperCenter over any grocery store. I actually have never had any problems with quality being any less than a regular grocery store and their prices are much, much cheaper. Only problem is, there aren't Wal-Mart SuperCenters always close by to where I am. So, sometimes I end up in a grocery store anyway. Side note: Wal-Mart's typically let you park your RV/van in their lot overnight for free. This is valuable to me because I currently live full-time in a van.

11. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I've been to Walmart a few times but I definitely prefer the local grocery stores and farmers market to Walmart. My shopping experiences have always been great at the two places. I went to Walmart in Oakland,CA and all I saw were open packages of snacks and drinks. It was pretty understaffed and I guess the unpleasant experience has turned me off Walmart.

12. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer a regular supermarket then Walmart. I especially will not buy any meat at Walmart and I even check the dates on the can goods. I practically stopped going there. A couple of times I bought a product that comes is a box, like juices for instance and the box had roaches in it. I think the way these stores are set up is not very healthy. I don't think you should have fruits, fish, vegetables & meats in the same building where you are selling clothes, shoes, tools, tires, paints, etc... They just don't belong together. I may spend more, but I'll take a good supermarket any day!

13. liverr

liverrNew Member

Threads:
    I've been to both and I can say I'd prefer the supercenter because when I go to Walmart I am rarely interested in buying food but instead household products and clothes. I don't think the food is cheaper there or anything, they have many known brand names but I'm just more comfortable at the supermarket. Then again, I've always lived closer to a traditional supermarket than a Walmart grocery store so my view is skewed.