Which Fictional Setting Would You Travel To?

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • Nov 11, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Just as a break from all the serious talk, I'd like to ask our travellers here which fictional lands you've read of or seen in movies that you'd want to travel to? I didn't like Avatar that much, but I have to admit, I think it would be fun to play around in that environment.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    This is a great question ... We grow seeing incredible scenery and locations, real dream places. I think my life isn't enough to visit all these fantastic places, but I think I have a list of priorities: 1 - Hogwarts and surroundings 2 - Each corner of the Middle Earth 3 - The world of Dr. Seuss.

As you will see, the fantasy dominates my destinations ... Maybe there isn't a direct passage, but for now our imagination is a quite acceptable vehicle. :)

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Narnia! I don't remember anything super special about it, but I do remember sitting in closets every once in a while, waiting for a magical place to open up to me haha.

4. adbarnes

adbarnesNew Member

Threads:
    If I could travel to a fictional place I would actually travel to Narnia. It was so pretty in the movie. Just to be surrounded around that beauty and peace would be the best thing ever. Another place would be fairyland with all the fairies. I know it might sound crazy. But I am seriously a big kid at heart and love the peace that these places offer.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to go to the Vampire Academy in the "Vampire Academy" series written by Richelle Mead. I cannot remember the exact location, but I do remember the place doesn't exist in real life. It's a school for vampires, which I think it's awesome to visit such a wonder place.

6. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge harry Potter Fan but I think it would be interesting to travel to that setting for a while and be able to use the magic.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the movie Xanadu starred by singer Olivia Newton John.

I don't know exactly why, but by the time when I watched this movie (and I was really young) I wanted to live in Xanadu or at least visit it sometime.

Actually I don't have any fictional site that i would like to be, except my own realm invention -- sort of medieval town -- set on a personal website that I have.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Alice in Wonderland would be my fantasy. When I was a child the idea of sliding down the hole to a whole new world was my dream.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Awesome.. this would be one of mine as well!

10. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I would definitely head out to Shangri-La, from the book (and poor movie) Lost Horizon. No one aged there, so the people you would get to meet were all from different times! Definitely recommend the book, by James Hilton!

11. Carolinacustom

CarolinacustomNew Member

Threads:
    I think Heaven in the movie "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams would be neat! In the after life, there are a ton of waterfalls, fields, and abstract concepts. Love that movie and thought it was very creative!

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Easiest question I have ever answered in my life! The Harry Potter universe, of course. Who would love to go to Hogwarts, buy stuff at Diagon Alley, have butter beer in Hogsmead. I used to daydream for hours about going into that universe, and quite honestly if I want to, even now at 24 I still can't close my eyes and picture myself in there. It would be the most amazing experience ever.

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think it really depends on what part of the stories you appear, but i think that star wars had a certain nice aspect to it, with it's huge space exploration and lore to it, that i would like to explore more personally.

14. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I'd definitely travel to the Mass Effect universe.
    I feel like the races are super interesting, and the technology looks awesome too. I also love Sci-fi so yeah.

15. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I'd go to the Cast Away setting because I love islands and the ocean. Sure, it would have a heliport so that I can leave and return at my wish lol, and some company would be great too. :)

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I would love to travel to Narnia! I hope that place is real. I have always wanted to meet Aslan!

17. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    This is a hard question, there is so many places I would love to travel to. I think on top of my list would have to be the town of Whoville. I love this time of year and one of my favourite films is the Grinch. The town just seems so magical and they all seem to work together. I love everything Christmas, the trees, the fairy lights, snow and all the other decorations!! And also I would get to meet the Grinch's dog Max, I think he stole the film.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having been shot in New Zealand, the LOTR middle earth may not sound like such a fictional setting [because you can visit the actual places where the movie was shot in NZ] but fictional or not I'd like to take a look around if I get the opportunity.

19. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Oo, that's a cool question! I'd totally choose Hogwarts' school and grounds. I always love seeing the surrounding land in the movies -- the green slopes, magical forest, calm lake... And then there's that beautiful but forbidding castle dominating the land with quaint earthy homes in the distance. It's a place of dreams. ;D