Which Game Controller Is Your Favorite?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 12, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've always fancied the Sega controllers back then for their mostly forward facing buttons and exceptional D-pad, and I always wondered why modern companies don't just emulate that or at least make their own version of it. I especially liked the Sega Genesis second generation (6 button) controller, but the Sega Saturn one was very similar to it so I'd say I like that almost equally as well. I'm a big fan of fighting games, and to me, nothing would beat the Sega controllers - not even an arcade stick.

Sega_Genesis_Controller_by_The_Penciler.

How about you guys? Which controller in your opinion is the best?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite is the PS3 controller. It is light, pretty durable and very comfortable to hold. Although I had an XBOX for ages, I never really liked or enjoyed playing with that controller. Now I'm back on a PS3, I love it.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I like that the PS3 DS controller also has a great battery life. I heard the new PS4 controllers aren't as efficient due to the LED light on top, but at least it's of a similar size and shape. I agree that the PS3 controller seems to be the peak of that certain era of video gaming when it comes to controllers. It's so widely used, I heard once that they were even using those controllers to train pilots or something similar, but I'm not completely sure on that.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite one is the Xbox 360 one, I took a while to get used to it as I came from the DualShock but once I settled in, it's by far the most comfortable and intuitive one.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    The playstation 2 controller has got to be my most favourite and valued one because i have used it for the longest of time and i really got a hang of it and i think that i struggle to adapt to any change in controller. I think that it has the right ergonomics for me and i would not really change a thing in regards to that.

6. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    The PlayStation 3 controller is by far my favorite one. It connects with my android smartphone and computer, and the six-axis function is great for playing H.A.W.X. 2 or steering vehicles in GTA IV. I also really liked the fact that was the same size and near the same weight of the PlayStation 2 controller so the switch was pretty easy!

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    The SNES controller will always be the favorite of mine. All I ever think of when I were little is to get the SNES console so the feeling of finally owning the console and holding the controller in my hand is irreplaceable. Even though the new controllers are better in everything, they don't give me the feeling of satisfaction like the SNES controller did.

8. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    I love the 360 controller, I have bigger hands and it just fits. The PS3 controller slips out of my hands all the time, and the L2 and R2 buttons are just terribly placed. Also this probably sounds super picky but now that I am thinking about it, the buttons on the PS3 controller aren't as nice to press as the 360's buttons. And just for fun I'm going to say that I like letters for my buttons more than shapes.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite would be the original Xbox controller weirdly enough. Maybe its more because of nostalgia, but I've used Dual Shock controllers and the 360 controller but I still felt weird holding them. I think it has something to do with the bulkiness of the original Xbox controller, I kinda like that heavy feeling on my hands and it packs an extra kick when it vibrates. The only thing I hate about that controller are the Black and White buttons, they should have made it shoulder buttons much like the 360, but past is past. Another controller that I liked (well I don't think it is a controller) is the Zapper, I loved that hunk of plastic.

10. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say the PlayStation controller has always been the easiest to use. Simply because it's small, and the buttons are in the right places. This makes it very easy to use. As opposed to the Xbox controller.Which is too big, and heavy. And the triggers are too far apart. Which makes using it to uncomfortable.

11. bobthemuffinman

bobthemuffinmanNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite is the good old keyboard and mouse. In FPS's it is more accurate than any controller could ever be. If I want to play platformers I just plug in an Xbox 360 controller and everything is golden.

12. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    The ps2/ps3 controller is my favourite. The worst controller must be the n64 controller or the gamecube controller. The n64 controller was plain weird. It must have been designed to people with 3 hands. The gamecube controller was too clumpy and had too many buttons and controlls.

13. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The 360 controller feels the most natural to me. DS3 is okay but I wish it more curvy. Nintendo has always had weird controller designs but they always end up working okay. I hate their Wii U Pro controller though, because the A and B, X and Y buttons are switched, which isn't standard.