Which Game Reminds You The Most of Your Childhood?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by kingusama92 • May 30, 2012.

1. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    It has to be Pokemon hands down. I was an avid poke trainer back then. I used to role play with my childhood friends and act out certain pokemon that we like. Looking back, I find it quite funny how childish we were. I guess I miss the old days when I am growing up already. Nostalgia alert!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mrs. PacMan for me. It was my first video game. I wasted many hours chasing after fruit. So many fond memories. ;)

3. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm dating myself here, but I grew up with the Atari 2600/NES consoles. My three favorite games from the 2600 era was Missile Command, Pitfall and Pac-Man. Those games shaped my formative video game years. Once I got the NES, who didn't play Super Mario Brothers for days, weeks or months on end? Further, I went to arcades when I was a kid so lots of the classic arcade uprights like Pac-Man, Galaga and even NBA Jam take me back to my childhood.

4. Lucian

LucianNew Member

Threads:
    Snow reminds me

5. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    super mario or mario party on Nintendo 64. i use to play those games all the time

6. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    Definitely the old Final Fantasy games, especially VII and VIII.

The sound track and everything is extremely nostalgic for me!

Not to mention the games are absolute classics!

I really enjoy playing them to this date.

Nice to hear what other people played during their childhood/teenage years.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. When I was a kid, we didn't have home video consoles so playing Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man on a stand up arcade machine was the height of technology to me. I'm not saying Pac Man is my favorite game, but it definitely reminds me of being a kid in the 1980's.

8. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    My parents bought my brother and I an Atari system. It was the coolest gift ever. At that time the atari was popular like the PS3 of today. I remember playing this tennis game. or maybe it was ping pong. But it literally was two lines, one on each players side of the screen and a little dot or blip. You just hit the blip with your line. That was the game. And it was addictive and fun at the time, believe it or not. Then ofcoarse there was always Donkey Kong and Pac-man. I loved playing Pac-man even though I was not that great at it. Asteroids was very popular but I completly failed at that game.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The entire library of games of the Genesis, especially the first Sonic. Game was so simple, but so fun, i miss those good old times.

10. dadcoupon2012

dadcoupon2012New Member

Threads:
    I have several that remind me of my childhood. Tempest at the local Dairy Queen here in Texas. Second Defender at the local Mom and Pop store by my elementary school. And yes that funny old Atari version of "Raiders of the Lost Ark". How much have video games evolved in the last 35 years is amazing!

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Almost any Sega game, since that was the console that I played on the most as a kid. As for the most nostalgic game I played with it, I'd say X-men. I played that so many times using a different character each time. I remember how much I had every stage memorized after playing the game so much for a whole summer.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Don't feel too bad. I was also into Pokemon and I can remember the entire craze - the card trading in the bathroom, the pokemon trading amongst the neighborhood kids, the need to get every single game that comes out, seeing the cartoon every saturday... it was a major thing.

13. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I am dating myself here, but Frogger on Atari and Super Mario Brothers on the regular old box Nintendo. I had got the Nintendo when it first came out and wow was it cool back then!

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first games I remember are Tron and Crook and Chase (I think that's what it was called).. then the ET game, Donkey Kong and of course Pac Man. Later on in my teens it was Mortal Combat and I loved Tetris lol.

15. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Spyro the Dragon or Super Mario.
    These 2 games are very nostalgic, especially when I see online gameplay footage of it. Seeing Mario going so far, I'm glad I played one of the earlier versions.

16. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, the game that most reminds me of my childhood is the Mario Bros. Whenever I hear that soundtrack, I immediately get taken back to my happy go lucky life as a child. Crash Bandicoot comes very close behind though. That game was epic, lol.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is a game called "run outs", I don't know if it is common in the US but it was very popular in the UK.

18. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Mine, surprisingly, is a board game called Monopoly. I used to absolutely love it as a child and used to have to beg my older sisters to play with me. Whenever they did play, they'd always demand to be the banker and then cheat me out of the game anyway, and I knew what they were doing, but because they were much older I couldn't do anything about it. They were great times though, the times of childhood, where nothing but where your next Monopoly fix will come from matters! :p

19. riku517

riku517New Member

Threads:
    Looking back at the countless hours wasted as a computer assistant in primary school, I'd have to say Windows Pinball defined my childhood. I remember playing that game nonstop for about 5 hours one day (at home) trying to beat my old high score. I loved that game!
    Another game I loved was Pokemon Silver. That game and Pinball helped me get through those hard days :D

20. nick_ro

nick_roNew Member

Threads:
    For me, the old Prince of Persia game is the one that revives a lot of memories! I used to play it for hours back in the days. Even these days I like to spend a few minutes trying to kill a guardian of the palace or avoiding some spikes. :)