Which genres in movies do you enjoy watching the most?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 12, 2014.

1. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    People always think I'm strange when I say I love "horror", and particularly anything really gore related. It is such a stress relief, I don't know why. I'm a really nice person and an avid humanitarian and animal welfare advocate. But I get such a release from built up stress watching a really good horror with lots of blood and guts. At the end of the day, I know it is fake so it doesn't bother me. I definitely do not enjoy watching real pain and suffering. I slaughter my own meat from time to time, but I always do it as humanly as possible. I never like to see anything suffer.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually love to watch horror and comedy movies, but as long as the story is good I will always give it a try. I don't like action and drama films, so they're the genre that I am less likely to watch. I also like those movies that were from comics or books, like X-Men or The Lord Of The Rings.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy any genre of movies, as long as the storyline is pretty interesting and very unique. But mostly, I'm a horror movie enthusiast. My favorite horror/slasher films are The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I Spit On Your Grave 1, My Bloody Valentine, and many more. However, I'm also a hopeless romantic and I do have a thing for romantic comedies like 50 First Dates, He's Just Not That Into You, Leap Year, The Holiday, etc.

4. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy watching comedy, action, super-hero, and epic movies. I like to watch comedy movies when I feel down and sad because they always cheer me up and give me a good laugh. Action movies get me off from my seat and are really exciting and make my heart pump faster. I kind of like the adrenaline rush when watching these movies. Super-hero movies are getting popular nowadays and I am a fan of these because I myself want to be a super-hero. They also teach important values and show some weakness of heroes also because they are only human.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely watch movies, so that's hard to say with me, but I think the most movies I watch are either action or comedy. I mostly enjoy the over-the-top action movies like Shoot Em Up or Dredd, or a lot of the Japanese action/splatter/horror movies.

6. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy watching animated movies for the most part. I like laughing during a movie, and animated movies are usually the ones that have a more lighthearted and comedic tone. Aside from that I also like anything with a very good story.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I like most genres of movies except those teen-pop movies and teen-musical movies, these type of movies are horrendous to my eyes and mind! The movie genres I like most are fantasy, drama, Sci-fi, and action, which a combination of all these will be super e.g. LOTR and Hobbit trilogies. I also like to watch documentary and biography movies, because I'm always looking to broaden my knowledge from whatever sources I can acquire from. Most of the time I watch movies for leisure, which I get from horror, action, comedy, indie, b-rated, and whatever genres that are usually associated or directed for entertainment.

8. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I like Science Fiction most. I also like thrillers and also movies which have a twist at the end like Sixth Sense, The Usual Suspects etc. Given a choice, I would watch a movie with a twist at the end than a Sci-Fi movie. I also like movies like Meet Joe Black and As Good As It Gets. Not sure how to classify them.

9. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Although I enjoy every genre, I tend to watch Sci-Fi's and action movies more. Sitting down for 1 hour watching a romantic movie is not my type of activity. I enjoy watching 2 hour, action packed, drama filled movies at night, under the comfort of my blanket.

Another genre I enjoy are sports movies. For some reason, these types of movies motivate me to get up and go for a run. For example, Lights Out is a popular boxing movie that revolves around the theme of training to win.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy mostly horror, drama and comedy. I enjoy fantasy rarely and those brutal and masochistic-themed film, because they are either too unbelievable, to traumatic, or just simply dreamy yet uninspiring. Harry Potter and LOTR of course are exceptions. I consider them more as drama. Yes, as drama and a kind of comedy, and not really fantasy, because their themes aren't not.

11. Jake_Arachnid

Jake_ArachnidNew Member

Threads:
    I like watching horror films because they've got the elements of suspense and also some jumpy surprises, I also enjoy watching Comedy films because there's nothing more better than having a good laugh, I tend to watch comedy films with the same actors in them, for example Steve Carrell, Jim Carrey, Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell.

12. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I like sagas, that span generations and have a combo of drama, family, romance, culture and history. It is like you step into the lives of the characters and then it is impossible to stop watching. I like true stories too. I tend to like action in a movie and mysteries being solved. They make me think and imagine.

13. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I like either a good drama/thriller or a funny comedy movie. Some of the examples I would use is Forest Gump & Cast Away for drama/thriller, and Zoolander and Meet the Parents for comedy. I am out of touch with a lot of movies now a days, but for me the 90's and 2000's produced some of my favorite movies.

14. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I love sci fi and fantasy movies. I am a fan of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies. I also like romantic and comedy movies as long as I know the actors. Most of the romantic movies that I watched and liked are those movies based on Nicolas Sparks novel such as A walk to remember and Dear John. In terms of comedy I like Jim Carrey films.

15. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardianNew Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely an adventure/fantasy kind of guy, though I do enjoy horror movies as well. My favorite movies right now are The Hunger Games, Oculus, and I'm really excited for the new Star Wars movie. I think the Star Wars movie is going to be good because I really do trust J.J Abrams usually XD!

16. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Sweet flicks appeal to me the most! I love romantic comedies like "Love, Rosie". I just find these movies really cute and I like how they crack me up and at the same time make my heart go "Awwww...". I will always be a big fan of light and cute love stories, particularly the ones that aren't so serious and do not have much drama.

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ll give most things a shot, but I tend toward smaller independent films for the most part. Anything thought-provoking will catch my eye. I also like a fair amount of whimsy in my films. On the flip side I have a thing for psychological thrillers, but that depends on my mood.

18. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I just got into psychological thriller movies too. My favorite is Shutter Island and Rosemary's baby. I haven't heard of Ingmar Bergman, which movie did he do best? Which psycho thriller can you suggest?

19. BethD

BethDNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy watching movies in the Romantic Comedy genre the most. They are usually light and funny. If I want to see something heavy and horrible, I can just turn on the news. I like to relax and enjoy a movie not be on the edge of my seat or grossed out. I also enjoy watching movies based on true events or someone's life. I find them very interesting. I do enjoy other types of movies , such as action adventure but my favorite is still Romantic Comedy.

20. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not super choosy with my movies but I do have a certain inclination for psychological, fantasy, philosophical, thriller, dystopian, historical, indie and romantic comedy story lines. I am also a sucker for movies with intellectual and multidimensional plots so I always try to read reviews or the synopsis before I start my pick.