Which Is The Best And Reliable Online Store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 22, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Which do you think are the best and the most trusted online stores right now? I've known Amazon, eBay, Lazada and OLX for a while and I can say that Ebay is the most reliable one in terms of service. My siblings used to shop at Ebay and never had any bad experience with it. Most of the products that they order are beauty products and cosmetics.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of online stores out there that probably I'm not aware of. Have you tried purchasing from other online stores? What are your experiences and which do you think is best?

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Amongst all the online shopping sites I have known I'd pick out Amazon and eBay as the outstanding. A friend of mine always use eBay their services and products has always be without any complain. I have checked out items on AMazon and compare prices which has been satisfactory to me. I think this two sites are the best.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Lazada is what I am using for several years and it gives me the satisfaction of its services. It may not be the best online store but it could be reliable.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Yes I did used Lazada twice and I didn't have much of a good experience to be honest. However, the result isn't that bad though because I was able to get a refund but without the help of Lazada. It's a bit odd because I ordered an item from them which is COD (Cash On Delivery) and they sent me a different one. So I decided to ask for a replacement or a refund. But then when I checked the receipt, it was addressed to one of the malls nearby, and it was actually a few kilometers from our place. We went straight to the store and explained my complaint, I then asked for a refund and they did give me back my money.

How bizarre. Have you experienced something like that as well? Like when you check the receipt of the item you've purchased and figure out that it was bought just from a local store near your place, to which you ordered online?

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped on Ebay and Olx but not yet on Amazon and Lazada. Well I have had bad experiences with Ebay and Olx, but I think that is just normal since not all sellers are honest and trustworthy. With Olx, the risk is higher since they don't employ a Paypal checkout and everything is done by meetup or shipping. So for me, if you can't meet up with a buyer, then the safest bet as to where to spend your money are the shops who offer to pay via Paypal, so that if anything goes wrong, then you can get your money back.

6. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I think OLX and lazada are quite fine. You just have to sort out the sellers, same thing with amazon and ebay. No matter how good the site is, there are always those people who do bad things for a living.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The online store I can give a proper review of is OLX. The good thing with them is that view have a tab for reporting any advert or item which is unsatisfactory or is defrauding. They also have their operations localised based on the country you are in. There is also Etsy which deals with craft items for a small fee and I find it very exciting and reliable. I intend to join it and be an active member in the near future.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Lazada is a baby company of Amazon, so expect that their service is good in Countries where it's being catered. Back in the past, I rely mostly with the service of Sulit which is now OLX. There are times wherein I visit TipidPC, here you could actually learn more about the product before you buy and the person/business selling it.

9. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I'd like to be able to come up with an online store that nobody as heard of, but I'm going to have to stick with Amazon when it comes to me recommending the best that I have used. Sometimes the biggest and most well known isn't always the best but when it comes to online marketplaces then I do think that sticking to the usual ones such as Amazon and eBay is for the best.

Any site that you are going to deal with financially then you're going to want to make sure that they are reliable and honest, and in that respect I think that Amazon is about as good as it gets at the moment.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    You're right. OLX isn't that safer unlike with those online shops who accredited PayPal. I've also shopped at OLX before but I haven't experience anything bad, although there are some items that aren't as presentable as the pictures posted and when meet up, I will get a bit disappointed with the product that I supposed to buy. But I think it's fine since I didn't purchase the item since it's a bit misleading. It's like the pictures posted where edited to make it look cleaner.

I agree. That's why we really need to be careful especially in ordering products online. We have to check the website if it's legit or not as well as the sellers. If ever you do meet up, make sure to check the unit properly, check all the aspects so you can see if it would be worth the money that you will be paying for, rather than being sorry later.

#10Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, and I do all the stuff you just said. But in terms of checking the items, if it is a gadget that I am buying, I usually let my wife do the checking since I'm not a tech geek. I just know how to use them but checking is quite hard for me. It's quite easy for her though since she's quite an O.C when it comes to everything. She even notices hairline scratches with just a glance.

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Hahaha :D Well good for you at least you have your wife to look things for you. Checking every angle of the item is really important before purchasing it to avoid further complaints with the purchase. I agree, if she's obsessive compulsive then it will really be easier for her to notice things that the naked eye or normal people can't. I myself is OC sometimes and I do hate it when I don't get satisfied with things that I wanted to rearrange them over again just to get it perfect in my eyes.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really have yet to have a bad experience with Amazon, and so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and I would include them in a list like this. I have had my fair share of issues, but none of them were anything on Amazon's part but just the third party sellers. Not much you can do there.

14. Oolongfan

OolongfanNew Member

Threads:
    I have to say, Amazon is by far my favorite online store. It just seems more streamlined and easy to use than eBay, although I am an Ardent supporter of eBay as well. My NEW favorite store is Wish. I have ordered two things from this place so far and I am pleased with the results. I have heard others say though, that if you order clothing from this site that you need to order two sizes larger than what you actually wear. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me because I am tall, so I never shop online for clothes anyway because I have to try them on, so this is no problem for me. Time will tell if this site will remain in my favorites list, because I don't have much experience with him yet.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think Walmart might be catching up in the mega-online store department lately. It seems that they are catching up with Amazon, buying a bunch of e-commerce stores which I don't think I have ever heard of . The stores include Jet.com,Modcloth,MooseJaw,ShoeBuy,and possibly Bonobos-has anybody heard about this?

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree Walmart is a really good place to shop at online with free shipping for some products. I like amazon, ebay, etsy and other store sites like Sears, OfficeDepot where I've bought with very good results. I have relatively very good experience when shopping online. There was a time I bought candy from Walmart from another shop that sells on Walmart. I went directly to the candy site and bought-it didn't arrive at all, so I contacted the company. Customer service is great, but I reordered and again the product didn't arrive. Too bad for it's really delicious and when I bought from Walmart my candy arrived in perfect condition and came within 4 days of ordering, so I enjoyed it. The product is sugar free chocolate and reduced sugar malt balls, like Whoppers, that I just love to eat!!! I live in Hawaii, where we got Sugafina candy store which is very pricey! I keep looking for a good sugar free chocolate covered reduced sugar malt balls and found one, called halfnuts.com. They got free shipping too. I asked them if it applies to people living in Hawaii too-no reply yet. :confused:I have asked Hershey for sugar free chocolate Whoppers with reduced sugar in the malt balls-they like the idea, yet no product yet in stores. Here's hoping for reduced sugar in new Whoppers. :)Hershey can make the product for less to I believe.

17. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I rely on only 2 stores mostly which are Amazon and Flipkart. These are the two sites in which I started my online shopping. I occasionally buy from eBay.

18. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped on both Ebay and Amazon. I am yet to receive my first item from ebay so of course I never shop there anymore. I always get my items in good condition and fast when I shop from Amazon so I recommend them. Also, Amazon Prime is really worth it.

19. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    I feel safe with Amazon because they have a reliable complaints procedure and the err on the side of the customer. I once had a book that I think was stolen from my apartment complex mail room, I complained about not receiving it and they replaced it, I also didn't get that one, and they did not hesitate to replace it s second time. Fortunately by that time they had put CCTV in the mail room because of the rampant theft and I finally got my book. But it stuck with me that Amazon just took my report in good faith and replaced the item even though they had not actually made a mistake.

20. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I often buy from Lazada and Zara. Mostly from Lazada. I like that they sometimes have a Cash on Delivery option. They also track your item and update you. They provide an expected time of delivery and inform where your item is as of the moment. And if the item has damage on it, you can return and expect a replacement or refund.