Which Items Are You A Brand Snob About?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by bluebetta • Jul 8, 2016.

1. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    I admit it. There are some things I am a brand snob about. I have to have my brand even if the competition is on sale and throwing coupons at me. There are only a few things I am like that about though. Usually I go for the cheapest option on almost everything. I have to have my brand of bath soap and shampoo. One reason I think is I am a little sensitive to some fragrances, and I don't like gambling just to see if a brand I haven't tried will be irritating. Other things I purchase regularly, like white rice or old-fashioned oats, it would be very hard to convince me what one brand could do any better than another. It seems most things I just reach for the cheapest item at the moment. Which things will you only buy in your favorite brand, and why?

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I am not really a brand specific person so I buy any brand that's out there. My important considerations whenever I buy products are price and quality. If a product is cheap and has good quality, I could buy it no matter what the brand is. I'm just a little careful with very cheap and unknown brands though and Intend to look at how they were packaged and where they were made first before I get convinced on buying them.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, I think electronic items are one of those things that I will only buy that is under a certain brand name, so that you can be assured of quality and durability. Other items like clothes, shoes, kitchen ware, etc. I can settle for non-branded ones.

4. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm real picky about my skincare. I'm pretty picky about my food items too. Either certain store brands or certain name brands. Some are better than others. I like good quality stuff.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes the generic brands simply don't taste good. For instance, Coke or Pepsi is way better than Food Lion Cola. Therefore, it's not worth the savings to buy the cheaper alternative. On the other hand, stuff like brand-name potato chips seems to be a scam to some degree cause the generic and brand-name stuff normally tastes the same.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I am picky when it comes to electronics, because if you bought a cheap item, then you will just end up wasting your money because the cheap ones don't last very long. I also want branded rubber shoes, although with leather shoes I'm really not too picky.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I am not really picky with choosing brands as I always try to get the cheapest but I also do check for things to not be too low quality. I do have one thing I need to have an specific brand for and it is my skin care products as a brake out quite easily with just any kind. I won't buy any other brands than the one I am used to, I either buy the same brand or not buy any at all.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the time, I buy the economy brands and they work perfect fine for me. However, sometimes, the only one that actually is right is to get a certain brand, and then, that is what I do, and it is worth spending the extra money on.
    One of the things that I am very picky about is yogurt. I only like the really thick and rich whole milk Greek yogurt. So far, I have only found two brands that I like. One if Fage, and the other is the Greek Gods brand. Whenever I find wither one of those two brands on sale, I will stock up on a couple of them; because they are both expensive brands of yogurt, and not affordable on my budget on a regular basis unless they are on sale.