Which kind of flowers do you buy for each occasion?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Steve • Apr 1, 2014.

1. Steve

SteveMember

Threads:
    So i think the title says it all! I am not really a good peoples person when it comes to buying flowers and I wanted to learn about flower gifting, which flower do you buy for a friendly visit and what kind of flower will you pick for a gift to a person of romantic interest. There is a big day coming along and i want to be perfect on this part!

2. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    When it comes to romance, red roses are best, in my opinion. If you are bringing flowers to a dinner party, a mixed bouquet is nice and cheerful. For a sister or friend, yellow or white roses or red and white carnations are sweet and appropriate. These days, there aren't any hard and fast rules about flowers. If you know someone has a favorite flower (for instance, my mom loved daisies) then pick up a bunch of those when you are planning to visit.

3. kalinaprim

kalinaprimNew Member

Threads:
    In my view it depends on the person, you are giving to. I don't like red roses...it is so trivial. I find mixed bouquets of wild flowers more romantic and special. My boyfriend was really surprised when he found out , because he always gave me a single red rose from time to time. Now I get everyday different flower- today my surprise is a bunch of lily of the valley.

4. Steve

SteveMember

Threads:
    Thank you girls for the excellent responses! I decided to go for a mixed bouquet with various white, yellow flowers and i received a very nice response! Next time i will be in a similar occasion i will know what flowers to bring!

5. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Hello,
    If you want to give the flowers to your family members, relatives or friends, then give the mixed flowers bouquets and if you want to give the flowers to your boyfriend then give the red rose flower bouquet.