Which Kind Of Plates Do You Prefer, Plastic Or Glass?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by sidney • Jan 21, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I am currently using iron plates. I buy them cheaply from local shops
    and they are durable due to the fact that they don't burn or break
    easily. I admit that plastic plates are cheaper especially when buying
    utensils to serve a large group of people.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Although the plastic plates are cheaper and relatively more hygienic, I prefer glass plates because I see no reason to use plastic plates with my family. :)

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer plates that breaks. They look classier and they are not toxic. Also Plastic utensils looks ugly when they get old. My aunt have this 15 year old plastic plate and it looks nasty.

4. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have a mix of both plastic and glass dishes. I find that plastic especially Tupperware is durable and good if you have kids in the house. However, if I have to choose between the two, then I would choose glass. There is something elegant and classy about a glass plate. It has a defining and definitive place in fine dining. Plastic dishes will never make it to a fancy restaurants table :)

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Glass plates are heavier, and plastic feels quite thin and flimsy, the ones I used to eat in in canteens anyway. I think I would prefer the plastic one, but with a thicker material. I have a plate like that, it doesn't seem to be made of plastic, glass or ceramic, but it's thick and sturdy, but best of all, it's light.

6. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    It really depends on the occasion. For family reunions I prefer using glass plates as they are more formal for me, but during regular family dinners I don't mind using plastic plates so that they won't break in case it falls. During outdoor trips, I prefer using disposable paper plates as I wouldn't have to wash them and they're very light to carry.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We started our life with enamel plates. As kids I suppose parents thought that would be the best. Later it was bone china and now we have the Corelle Brand which I like the best. Not only that they look classy they do not break easily. I can confidently let the maid wash them. Even if she drops them they stay intact.

8. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer using steel plates for our regular use. I also have fine bone China plates but which I only use when entertaining guests. There is also a set of heavy silver plates that I take out only during festivals.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer any kind of dishes that wpn't brake as a have a child and I wouldn't want anything unsafe around her. There are many plastic plates around that are cheap and very pretty so those are the ones I own. I have known of many family members who have cut themselves when washing glass dishes so that's one mayor reason.

10. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer using ceramic plates over plastic. First, plastic is a bit hard to wash. I do not care a lot if I would use plastic and just use it to eat stuff that isn't greasy. Oil is hard to wash out if you are using plastic. Second, putting hot food into plastic plates is a big no for me. I like ceramic plates because some of them are microwave safe and easy to clean. I won't have any problem when putting hot meals in a ceramic plate. The only thing I like about plastic is they are way cheaper than ceramic plates.