Which Material For The Cheapest House?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by remnant • Nov 3, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are new industries geared towards more affordable building materials. Here in East Africa, there is a new technology called interlocking block technology which involves compacting soil with a machine with cement as a binder. Which technology can you share with us?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have done several repairs to our house and I find cement to be the cheapest and most practical. Unlike wood which is expensive but not that durable, cement is easier to prepare. For walls, we prefer the old technology of using hollow blocks for the foundation.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty good. Here in our country we convert garbage/trash into concrete blocks by shredding non-biodegradable trash and the binding them to create blocks. The resulting product is much harder than your regular hollow blocks and it's also much cheaper. I've stumbled upon a new technology that offers better strength than traditional mason concretes--They're mold proof, water proof, impact proof and lightweight--You may want to check the Phillip Ross Molds. :D

4. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    As a result of the fluctuation of siding materials, the approaches to look at them number many. Generally, the unmistakable siding materials (vinyl, metal, wood, designed wood, stucco) are all solid. They convey preferences and weaknesses relying upon what you require and where you live. To figure out which material is the best for your home, consider execution, cost, upkeep, and flexibility. These are speculations about these siding materials, so recollect the best individual to ask is a siding contractual worker.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing wood would suffer from termites. Nonetheless, a lot of people have wood homes without termites, and to my knowledge, they aren't exterminating them. What would be some strategies for keeping termites out of wood naturally? Finally, wood, as the story of the 3 little pigs said, could be a hazard for fire.