Which mode of transport do you prefer for travelling?

Discussion in Travel started by akiii123 • Oct 14, 2014.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I thoroughly enjoy road trips in the car. While each of us has flown in an airplane before, we have never flown together on any of our trips. When planning vacations, we usually choose locations within a ten hour drive of where we live, so driving is not too much of a hassle. By driving, we are able to see a lot of local scenery and establishments as we get to our destination. We will sometimes keep a list of interesting places to stop at on our way back through or for future trips. Our vehicle is a smaller car, therefore driving is more economical and saves money in our travel budget for other things to enjoy.

While road tripping in the car, we usually have a bag of snacks and cooler of sandwiches and cold drinks packed, so that we do not have to spend vacation money on fast food while we are on our way. This also allows us the option to drive straight through to get to our destination more quickly, or stop at a local park to check out the scenery, depending on where we are going and how much of a rush we are in to get there.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on where I'm going. If it's close by, I much prefer going by car. If it's a medium trip, maybe car, maybe a bus or even plane. But longer trips I much rather take a plane than anything else. Anything over 6 hours in a car or bus requires a plane trip for me.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    For financial reasons we like to travel by car. We will plan out our trips based on far we are willing to drive. Usually we try and stick within 4-6 hours of where we live which gives us many different cities to visit. With two kids we can save a lot by driving rather than going to destinations that you have to fly to. Airfare is so expensive now. My kids are very good in the car and will watch movies or play on an ipod or ipad for most of the trip. When they get bored of that they'll look out the window or we'll play some fun car games to pass the time. My husband doesn't mind doing all the driving.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like flying, car, bus& train traveling and done them all during my lifetime. I've been on boats and don't like it at all. Whether large or small I feel very uncomfortable sitting in all that ocean, so vast and knowing that there's a lot of sea creatures that can devour you gives me an uneasy feeling, so I'll skip boats of any kind. Funny I love the ocean smells and sounds though like the waves crashing on the sea shore. Guess I'm a land lover!

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just enjoy traveling, and seeing new places. I do not like flying; but sometimes it is the best (or even the only) way to get where you are going. It is definitely the fastest way if you are traveling very far.
    My favorite way to travel is by train, and there is so much beautiful scenery that can be seen from a train that you miss when driving somewhere on the freeway. Plus, you can just relax and enjoy the view and not have to worry about driving or watching out for traffic.
    I have never traveled by boat; but one of the things I would most dearly LOVE is to go on a cruise ship, and do a 3-4 day cruise. My daughter took one of the cruises that goes up the Pacific coast from Seattle to Alaska and back, and she totally loved the whole trip. I don't think I want to go to Alaska; but I would enjoy one that went into the Caribbean.

6. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    I think I've been on almost every mode of transportation except maybe a tuk tuk because I've been everywhere except Asia.

I prefer planes because it's the quickest (usually) but I do like train rides and plan on doing a scenic trip in the future.

The mode of travel I dislike is the car, mainly because I'm the one driving and can't really enjoy the scenery.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For land travel, I prefer the train as much as possible because it has its own railtrack which is not subject to traffic. Metro Manila is one big parking lot during the daytime and only the train can solve it. Train is the fastest way to travel on land.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Traveling by a particular mode depends on length of the trip for shorter distances I use my motorbike, for medium distances the car is best but for distances over 1000 km I prefer train and if the distance is over 2500 km I would definitely travel by air. I have traveled by train hundreds of times and same goes for car and bus. I am frequent air traveler so I cannot say which one is my favorite mode of travel.

9. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Travelling in an aeroplane was the worst experience of travel for me. I felt claustrophobic and couldn't wait for the flight to be over. It may have been because I was at the back of the plane and every other time I have either sat in the middle or the front which was much better. I didn't feel so vulnerable. I've been on a couple of ferries and as long as the sea is calm it can be a lovely way to travel.

On land, though, I think that the train has to be the safest way, and probably the fastest too.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to travel by car,but only driving or riding shotgun because I get a bit of motion sickness when I sit in the back of the car,and forget buses or cruise ships,I need fresh air fast. When I get to my destination though, I like to hike,walk or bike. I really do not do good cooped up,and getting from here to there is more social as well,and not so put away I would say?

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been abroad, so I think I would just go for the usual vehicles like a car or bus. Both are air-conditioned, and are quite comfy once you get inside it. Falling asleep is very probable while riding those vehicles unlike other vehicles that are too "jiggly" when you ride them.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Although I like to travel by car and ship (by the way, I miss traveling by ship... it's been years since the last time :(), I always prefer to travel by plane (I've always liked it... since my first trip).

I feel very comfortable and extremely safe when I travel by plane.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy train and road trips both. Both have its own benefits. On road trips we can stop where ever we want. And in train trip we don't have any kind of headache for driving. So I used both of them as per my choice. Sometimes I go for train travelling and sometimes I choose road travelling when we have more than one driver with us so that not one has to bare all the driving load.

14. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    yeah i do enjoy road trips, sometimes on bike or some time with a group on a bus.

15. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also like to travel and yes road trips.

at an amazing price.