Which Mosquito Control Method Do You Use?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Kiama • Sep 19, 2017.

1. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I don't know if you come from places where mosquitoes are a menace but I come from such a place. During the rainy season especially they are a real problem.

I don't use mosquito nets because they are uncomfortable to sleep under especially when the temperatures are high. I don't use mosquito repellent coils because they have a very strong smell. What I prefer is the Mortein Doom power guard that you plug into your socket because it has no scent. Which mosquito control method do you use at home?

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I use insect spray. I don't like the way mosquito coil or that pad thingy that you plug on the wall. It smells weird. I would spray my room with insecticide and leave it there for a good hour. That would kill all mosquitoes and the smell will already be gone. And just to be sure, once the time is up, I open up the window to ventilate my room.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I am using an anti-mosquito sonic repellent. It is an electric appliance that makes sound waves against all insects. All insects, lizards and even rodents left my house because of it. I like it because it is safe for humans unlike spray or coil.

4. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I love to use my mosquito net and insecticides at the same times. Those two always keeps me save from mosquitoes.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of that product but i'm not really sure, the one i use is electrical as well and attract mosquito and they die as soon as they make contact.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Basically repellent and mosquito net (they are enough for me). I'm not aware of any other method that can be so effective in avoiding them.

7. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    Using insect spray does not work all the time because I don't think the spray will last all night. After opening the windows for ventilation won't the mosquitoes come back to the house again?

8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I also come from a place where mosquitoes are so many. We used to use the mortein doom spray. It used to work in those days.

We also used to apply on our skin an oil called mosquito repellent. What the oil does is to block mosquitoes from sensing you are there. They can't smell you. :p So mosquitoes won't know you are there and that means they won't suck your blood.

We also used to burn something we called a coil. It is coiled in a circle motion and looks like a maze. So we burn one end and it will continue burning until it reaches the center. The smoke it produces is unnoticed but enough to kill mosquitoes by suffocating them. :p

9. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of that control method but I would like to try it out. It sounds safe because it does not produce any scent. I don't know if it produces any sound though. I also hope it is cost effective and will not strain my budget. I will check it out when next I go shopping.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought a similar gadget that is plugged in an electrical socket. The claim is the mosquitoes will be repelled by the ultrasonic sound emitted by the gadget. But it was not effective at all. What we use now is the concoction of oil, vinegar and shampoo. Spraying that in the corners of the room deters the insects.

11. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I know of a mosquito r

12. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    If you are sitting outside, set up one or more fans pointed at and around you. Mosquitoes cannot fly in the strong wind, so they will not come near you. Cheaper and better for you and the environment than pesticides and insecticides.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We use this kind of device to repel mosquitos:

and they're quite effective in killing them. We also used to have mosquito rackets too, but when they got broken it wasn't replaced anymore.

14. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I use all kinds of methods to deal with these pesky little suckers.I sleep in a mosquito net every night after setting up a mosquito coils in almost every room.I live in a wet place and thus mosquitoes inhabit my home, some days more than others.I also use mosquito killing aerosol sprays when the mosquitoes get too troublesome.

15. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    I use electric mosquito killer racket at my home to get rid of the mosquitoes. It takes just about 5 minutes to kill all the mosquitoes in your room and comes with a rechargeable battery. I don't use other chemical mosquito repellants because they make room air toxic and it's very bad for your health in long term use.

16. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Isn't it tiring to keep swinging a racket all over your house everyday to kill mosquito's? you can use other convenient products.

17. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    My father also asks me this. But I be like I'll kill these culprits with my own hands.:D okay that was PJ. But seriously It takes no more than 5 minutes I just have to wave it all over the room and the tiny monsters are gone. I prefer to use this over any other chemical repellant or coil because they make room air toxic.

If you can suggest me any other alternative which doesn't harm health, then please let me know!

18. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    We too have a problem of mosquitoes during the rainy season, although it is not very serious, but even a single mosquito can ruin our peace of mind. We are used to sleeping inside a mosquito net around the year. And to get rid of mosquitoes, I burn pieces of frankincense every evening and it is very effective in driving away the mosquitoes.

19. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Mosquitoes are a grwta problem in my place, especially during the summert and rainy season. I have used various methods, from anti-mosquito liquid, anti-mosquito coil to anti-mosquito cream. Now, I have settled with mosquito net. Mosquito nets are the safest mosquito control method. Mosquito liquid, mosquito spray and coils might have adverse effect on your health, however, when you sleep inside mosquito net, you don't have to worry about harmful chemicals. Furthermore, it is also the cheapest method to control mosquito.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have the goodnight mosquitoe repeller which is on electricity. We also use odomos which is a cream. Putting the fan full blast also helps to chase mosquitoes away