Which movies were worth it to watch in IMAX or 3D?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Nate5 • Dec 3, 2014.

1. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Hey guys! As you can tell, it's always been pretty expensive to go to a movie theater to watch a movie. Not to mention the expensive snacks, and some movies forcing you to pay for 3D. However, IMAX and 3D does provide a new viewing experience that works for some movies, others not so.

Well, now I want to ask, which movies were worth it to see in IMAX or 3D? Which ones not? Personally, I found Interstellar to be great in IMAX, and Avatar, Gravity, and Inception to be great for 3D. I would love to hear your replies!

2. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    I actually enjoyed "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in 3D when I was on vacation. I generally don't do the 3D versions, because of the price, as you said. It is usually two or three dollars more. The first 3D movie I saw was "Alice in Wonderland". Because I don't normally wear glasses, the 3D spectacles rubbed behind my ears painfully. If you take them off the movie is all fuzzy. For these reasons I don't go 3D often.
    I think "Exodus: Gods and Kings" would be pretty good in 3D or Imax. Imagine the Red Sea parting! Cool!

#2Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoyed the last two Hobbit movies in 3D, and both movies were good to watch. I don't really like watching 3D or IMAX movies, because the regular movie ticket prices are high already and there's really no huge difference in experience. Also, watching movies in 3D makes is less real to me and tends to output more light into my eyes, which I don't like either. Until better 3D and Imax technologies are available to present such vivid movies, I'll stick to limiting my experiences with it and save my money for something else.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Gravity had some really amazing camera work, and watching it in 3D further highlighted the surreal and harsh conditions of space. I think it's one of the movies that have used the 3D viewing to amazing effect.

5. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    I think Avatar is an example of a perfect movie to watch in 3D due to highlighting how impressive the CGI and animation of the film is, otherwise seeing the movie at home isn't remotely as impressive. I believe I saw the Dark Knight Rises in IMAX at a midnight screening at a local theatre, that was awesome to see with friends, a great conclusion to an awesome trilogy.