Which Product Makes The Best Moisturizer?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Decentlady • Nov 4, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have used several moisturizers like nivea, vaseline and others but am not quite satisfied with its durability. Then are light on skin and dry up.too quickly. Which moisturizers works the best both for body and face?

I found Ponds winter cream really good for face and feet (this of course is hush use).

I still am looking for a body lotion that really last longer.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you mean which brand makes the best moisturizer? The thing is everyone has a different skin type so what suits one person may not suit another.

I used many brands, but it depends whether you like a lotion or a cream. I find that Vaseline does a good range that doesn't leave the face greasy, but it also depends on your budget and if you buy premium brands like Clarins, or drugstore brands like Nivea or Garnier. L'Oreal seem to be doing more ranges that verge on premium prices, so it's worth looking at those as they will be similar to Lancome products as they are made in the same factory.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I also look for moisturizing qualities in a cream before purchasing it. I have tried different products like lanolin and cocoa butter as well as the one I am currently using called Gift of Zanzibar. The one lotion which I have found deeply moisturizing is coconut oil which spreads on the skin quite easily and is also quite refreshing.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am several kinds of creams and moisturizers. I am always on the look out for any special cream that proved to have a better smoothening effect on the skin. So far I have used Nivea and aloe vera products which are good creams for my skin. If I see another product proving to be superb and more refreshing I may also try it.

5. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Skin sorts differ, thus should your cream. In spite of our disparities, almost all skin sorts can profit by the right kind of face cream. Dry skin sorts can positively bear witness to this. Without a day by day dosage of hydration your skin would be flaky, bothersome and tight. Fortunately, this rundown of the best lotions incorporates items that convey extreme hydration that keeps going throughout the day without creating breakouts or oiliness.

Slick skin sorts may utilize lotion less regularly, yet you really require it the same amount of. Since individuals with sleek or skin inflammation inclined skin regularly apply drying items, your skin may begin to deliver more oil to adjust it out (wow). In any case, utilizing a light cream (particularly one with oil-control properties) can keep skin in adjust and make it create less oil after some time. Gratefully, this rundown likewise incorporates light lotions that are ideal for sleek skin - ones that don't bring about breakouts or additional sparkle, however do offer some hydration.

Best Face Cream No. 1: La Roche-Posay as I would like to think on the grounds that is the ideal lotion for individuals with disturbed skin

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    To be true, I do not use face creams as most of them do not satisfy my needs. If I use creams for oily skin it cannot keep my skin moist for a long time and if buy something for dry skin it leaves the skin with a bout of pimples. A mix of olive and coconut oil has worked best for me, so far.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It's true that it really depends on your skin type as well as which part of the body you want to use the moisturizer to treat.

The brand that works best for me is Oil of Olay. I have several of their products, and I love them. The one that works the best is the in-shower body lotion. It's like using conditioner, but for your skin instead of your hair. You put it on after you're clean before you get out. It is supposed to keep in the moisture.

This brand works great, smells nice, and it's affordable and easy to find. You can pick it up at most stores, including the grocery store here.

8. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is fantastic and very natural. I put a teaspoon in my bath and even rinse my hair with a tiny amount in the water. It has always worked for me and makes my whole body, face, and hair soft and silky to touch. It gets rid of any dryness which I seem to suffer from.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use skin moisturisers but my mum can't live without them. She always Själ Light Cellular Renewal Creme. It's light weight, super luxe and it leaves her skin baby soft. Her friends always admire her flawless skin and she always recommends it for them. It's durable and totally worth its cost.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I think it all depends on our skin type. For me vaseline works better for me than any kind of lotions or oils. I feel like the rest of the products make me brake out easily. I only use it for my legs, feet, and hands not my face since I do have special creams for it.

11. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady I am just about to order something called "Luminessence Ageless Moisturizer." Its supposed to lock in moisture into the first 2 layers of your skin, and also help lift and tone the areas around your cheeks and eyes. I can't wait to try it. I can't say if it's the best out there, but I can say that it has gotten great reviews. I believe you can use it anywhere as a moisturizer, not just your face. I plan on purchasing it from Amazon (when it becomes available)...and if not, perhaps from eBay. I just want to make sure it's unopened and unused by somebody else. o_O

I would buy it directly from the company, but they have some kind of deal that I'm to afraid to get involved with....you try it free and then they ship it to you every month - and charge you every month! Something like $99 per month. No thanks! I just want to try it, for starters. Don't need any long-term commitments right now, esp. with a product I haven't even tried yet. ;) See pic below...

luminessence-ageless-moisturizer.

#11Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  12. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite for my face is Clinique and for the rest of me it doesn't matter.