Which products do you think are overpriced?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DealHunter1 • Sep 30, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Most electronics are super expensive the first year they come out. I usually wait a year before buying a new gaming console. A year later they usually sell them cheaper and have a better game selection.

2. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    Apple products, Adobe software and College text books.

3. RazKnows

RazKnowsNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, yes, and yes. You hit it right on the head pal.

4. Pawski

PawskiNew Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt I would have to say phone bills/internet bills in general. It's not so much 1 company as the industries as a whole. Between the two services I pay something like $90-100 a month just to have them (and i know I am on the cheap side vs. some people). I think my Mom pays something like $200/month for all the services she has... Just ridiculous if you ask me.

5. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I think Apple products are way over rated and over priced. Because, they are overrated Apple keeps increasing the price. I think if sales ever dropped for a specific line, the owners of the company would drop the price. The only reason Apple gets away with raising the price, is because we are going to spend the money.

6. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Monsters Beats By Dre headphones are MASSIVELY overpriced. I actually have a pair of Studios I got almost free, and although the quality is better than your run of the mill headphone included with a device, it doesnt hold a candle to even a 20 dollar set of koss headphones. DEFINITELY overpriced.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped much lately because I'm trying to save for the holidays. In my opinion, I think Apple products are overpriced because it is the most expensive brand I have ever known. I have a customer told me that he purchased a brand new first generation of IPad, which cost him around $200. I think it is too expensive because look at the IPad itself, it's the first generation, not to mention it is an older technology. I think Apple products are way too overpriced. It doesn't offer discount much.

8. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    Apple is the obvious one, unless you buy it refurbished or secondhand, pretty much every single one of their products costs at least 250% of what they're worth. On the side of accessories and gadgets, Skullcandy is pretty infamous for ripping people off too.

And Samsung. Oh god Samsung. Every single one of their products I've bought so far cost just as much, if not more than competing products in their price range (be it my monitor, phone, or microwave oven), involved a cheap plastic construction, and broke within no more than a year after purchase. I seriously don't get why their products are so popular. Everything has the same cheap, plastic-y feel to it, and they all typically break in no time.

9. Scipio

ScipioNew Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, some of the products and software from Autodesk is really expensive. Maya 2014 alone is in the thousands, and the “light” version is several hundreds. Compare that to other company developers that make free stuff that has just as much flexibility when you’re creative with it, it seems like a rip-off.

Though it’s more of an industry usage, and having to save up just for one program from Maya made me regret getting it for such a high price in the first place. It seems they just take any other small company and try to buy them out. I guess it's part of wanting to become the “industry standard” and the fact that some small development teams need the money desperately.

And college books in general are just way too over-priced, especially if you have to get a new edition because you bought the wrong one. Just another inconvenience for me when I can just rent one.

#49Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously, I am always surprised how Apple gets away with selling absolute inferior products in the market at so high prices. I mean even Samsung is overpriced and they are still much cheaper than Apple products.

11. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I would add Microsoft product to this list too, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Operating Systems, that nowadays come in different "flavors" to make one spend more money in more than the already overpriced basic OS.

12. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Apple products and Beats by Dr. Dre.
    Apple has always been overpriced and they're products really aren't that superior. Beats are garbage, and you can find a decent pair of headphones for half the price that will sound much better.

13. Carolinacustom

CarolinacustomNew Member

Threads:
    Baby monitors. We paid over $200 for our Samsung video monitor and hate it:( it's constantly beeping and vibrating even though our son isn't making a peep! The range is also terrible and sometimes looses signal when I'm on the other side of the house.

I also think diapers are incredibly over-priced (especially when we go through a $40 box a month;-)

14. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I think all electronics are overpriced. I mean I can understand why, that is why I don't complain. I kind of think about the fact, that they have spent a lot of money to make some of these devices.

15. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    Calling on my cell phone. My last cell phone bill was over $50. I do think that this is one of the services that should be a lot cheaper.

16. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The Sims and their numerous expansion packs and DLC.
    Games in general with a lot of DLC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Windows operating systems.
    School textbooks which, I refuse to buy.
    Gamer products like keyboards and mouses seem over priced but, I don't know much about them.

17. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    The main overpriced product that annoys me is graphing calculators. There is absolutely no justification for the ridiculous prices suppliers charge for those things! I will not pay $60+ for a calculator. It is very frustrating as a student to be forced to purchase a product that I know is not worth its price. They have free apps that do the same thing as graphing calculators. It's a shame and a scam and it makes me so angry. I also think editing programs like Photoshop are overpriced, especially since free versions of similar programs are easily available.

18. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn`t agree more, related to Apple products. Honestly, I can buy a reliable smartphone at half price, only it will feature Android. I remember there was a time, when my friends using iPhone were gealous on my Xperia Ray featuring 8MP camera, when their gadget was simply based on a a 5MP camera.
    I haven`t come across Dr Dre headphones, so I`m quiet, until I see what it`s able to do.

19. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Pokemon games. My oldest son only loves Pokemon on his DS and they are almost always the highest priced games at the store. At all the used game stores also, Pokemon is way more expensive than any of the other games. I guess it's supply and demand, but still, I wish they were a bit cheaper.

20. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I believe makeup and skin care products are way over priced. I feel like a lot of foundations are no different than drugstore products are don't do what they say they do. Apple products are also way overpriced. I found android products that work just as well for less the money.