Which Products will you Never Buy Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by winsomenotions • Mar 6, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Car, TV, computer, shoes. Basically, any item I'd want to see to be sure it actually works and/or costs a lot of money. I'm especially picky about shoes and don't really trust online stores to be the exactly what I want.

At the very least, those sort of items would be ones I'd want to check out in person before looking for a deal online

2. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Shoes? Really?

I can understand not wanting to buy a car, television, or computer online. But shoes seem like the perfect item to buy online. One of the safest too. All you have to do is know your shoe size, and there is no risk there at all. I understand that some shoes are made narrow, but they are usually classified as such.

What are your specific issues with buying shoes online?

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy clothing online. I HAVE to try things on first before I buy them. I also wouldn't buy things like juice or milk or other liquids. I've bought candy online before, but that was during the winter months and was for doing up Christmas gifts.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before I started buying clothes and shoes online I always thought I would never do it , since it's so easy to miss the sizing. However to those that said they would never buy clothes and shoes online on this thread, I suggest to try and buy some online, because you could be surprised! I have had to return very few items, and I do a lot of online clothing and shoe shopping.
    Anyway, what I don't like to buy online is food items, unless I can not find them anywhere else, and also underwear.

5. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    You're assuming that all shoes fit the same. I wear an 8 in my running shoes, but I wear a 9/10 in my slip-ons. They're not all made the same way, so they won't fit the same way. It's one of those things I'd rather not risk not fitting.

6. brandeis

brandeisNew Member

Threads:
    I would never like to buy shoes and diamond or gold jewellery because i can't trust on online shopping sites regarding gold and diamond.

7. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    One of the great benefits of buying online is that you can find real good deals. Of course it's always wise to check everything before you push the buy button but as long as you stick to reputed places online you'll be OK. I love buying online and I found out that Amazon is one of the best places to find great deals. I use a free website for this which has a tool to find discounts on the fly. It's called

It literately saved me thousands of dollars. I bookmarked it and every time before I want to buy anything online I check the deals on Amazon with it. What most people don't know is that about 40% of all products on Amazon are sold by thousands of different sellers. They all have to compete so they come up with great discounts. Fast Discount Finder finds it for you. Check it out!

8. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I am pretty comfortable with ordering clothing and shoes online. I pretty much know what sizes to order for each brand of clothing and shoes I wear. The one product I will avoid purchasing online would have to be food. You never know if the items will be fresh when they arrive. I rather just go to the grocery store and save myself the hassle.

9. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Grocery i guess because i prefer buying that through regular and that works more appropriately for me .Most of the times that is the only thing.I guess once or twice i have bought things through online ways because i wasn't having enough time to go out and do stuff.

10. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy a car online, but I have purchased tv's and laptops before. those were the highest priced items I bought online.
    If you shop at futureshop or another big name store, you will be fine.

I wouldnt shop at a small online business for big items like a tv or something.

11. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    I guess Grocery i would completely ignore buying online because when you need it you have a lot of things that you fine appropriately and at the same time moving ahead with proper statistics goes right in the direction so this is the way how it is in my opinion.

12. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I would buy most stuff online, except obviously regular food that you can get in person. I've bought shoes, clothes of all sorts, games, tons of stuff online. However I haven't bought pants online very often, it's hard to make sure they fit just from the "Medium" size.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend not to buy clothes online unless they are the type which are difficult to track down in physical stores. I tend to want to try out the clothes first before buying and i find it hard to imagine the clothes on myself when checking them out only through pictures. Also it doesn't help that those pictures are usually made to look very enticing so I tend not to trust them too much as I am sure they are given proper lighting and fitting and the product I am getting might be a little off from what I've seen on the pictures. Also I worry about the texture of the cloth and buying from physical stores is much cheaper here anyway.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmmmm. This is a difficult question to answer, because I am not really a fan of shopping, and usually if I can get something online then I am all for it, regardless of what that item may be. I do, however, prefer to get food straight from the supermarket, rather than buying it online. I like to be able to inspect it before buying it.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Delicate collectibles such as comic books, rare toys, toy figures, etc. I can't seem to find a seller nowadays that has a courier who is able to deliver their items in pristine condition. Most orders that I receive are either tattered, broken, and in miserable condition which is why I decided to stop buying online, and only look for collectibles in shops and hobby stores. It may be a bit harder especially for the rare ones, but I'd rather buy a collectible in mint condition than receive one that's either broken or extremely devalued due to the broken packaging.

16. Molly

MollyNew Member

Threads:
    I will never buy bras online. Every bra is different and they never seem to be true to size. I would definitely need to try them on before buying.

17. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    I never buy trousers,shoes and car and usually buy food and books.:DOf course sometimes I buy gadgets from Amazon or Ebay.

18. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I would never buy clothing online. The primary reason being my doubts on the quality of the material. I always buy clothing once I make sure that it will fit me. There is no way you can feel the material of the clothing when you are buying it online. The other important thing is that I can't check for damages or imperfections in the clothing when buying online. So I don't buy clothing online and also warn other people from doing the same.

19. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying food items online is a no-no because it is perishable and easy to damage. A friend ordered cakes and pastries from an online bakeshop for an occasion, the birthday of her grandson. The goods arrived on the appointed date and time but the cake has obvious damages from the transport. With the cupcakes, they look fine although some have a semblance of being compressed, again may be due to the transport. For food items, it is still better to purchase from real store.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll buy anything but food online. I'm not a big shopper, I only buy what I need and the types of things I NEED don't need to be touched before buying. Even clothes. I usually buy used these days (I'm an environmentally friendly earthling that way lol) and as long as I like how they look, I'm good to go. I just make sure to get every last measurement first, so I know it will fit.. and if it still doesn't fit, I'll donate it.