Which Products will you Never Buy Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by winsomenotions • Mar 6, 2014.

1. vaish

vaishNew Member

Threads:
    Really, I am very afraid to buy online medication.

2. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't think there is anything that I won't buy online. Although, i have never bought something as mundane as a deodrant stick, but my college roommate used to buy stuff like that online all the time.
    If you want shoes, you can head to Zappos. Try the shoes on, if you don't like them, return them. Even with medication, I wouldn't mind buying online.
    The only caveat is, I should be able to replace or return it if I don't like it.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's exactly the thing I was thinking! I'm an avid online shopper and will buy almost anything online, BUT NOT medication and supplements. I once saw a documentary on companies that sell them online and I was shocked at some of the practices! I'm also a bit hesitant to buy electronics online. I need to be in the store, touch and feel them and speak to someone.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, some supplements can be bought directly from the makers. If a pharma company were selling something directly online, i would be fine with buying it.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Clothing and shoes would be items that I would not purchase online. I like to try those things on to make sure they fit before I buy. Sizes vary so much between brands and types of clothes and shoes that it is hard to tell if something in your usually size is going to fit right. In shoes, my size varies depending on the type of shoes whether it is a tennis shoe or dress shoe.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing I won't buy online is fresh produce and fruits because we live in Hawaii and it takes time for arrival. I go to the supermarkets or open markets for fresh produce and fruits mostly. Unless I see that pants is a very good fit I won't buy pants online too. I didn't want to buy shoes online too, but took a chance on them because the price was so cheap and they fit fine. So I'm wondering about pants now to buy online.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well I buy fresh produce online. Its a nice service and they deliver good stuff. I haven't had problems with them and I've been using them for about a year. But, to each his/her own.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There a lot things I won't buy online. Appliance, cllothes, groceries and low-priced things like pens and notebooks which I won't buy in bulk.

I also wouldn't buy second hand books online as there are some places here you can buy old books for about $1 or if it's really "expensive" and still in great condition $2. I wonder where they get those books from though.

9. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    I am with you. I couldn't buy shoes online. All brands seem to fit me differently. I have wide feet and large calves so even in stores it's hard for me to find shoes that fit. More often than not I'd end up having to return them and like you said that would just be a hassle in the end.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy food online, because when you buy online from a supermarket the people who deliver your shopping will choose the items that you get, and sometimes they can choose items with poor dates on them because they know that they're not going to be able to get rid of those in the supermarket itself. So I always like to actually go into the shop and pick the food that I am going to eat, as it just feels much better and safer to do that.

11. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I think shoes are definitely the kind of products that people don't want to buy online. Even though there are companies that'll send you many pairs to try and then buy a few and send back the rest. Its still a hassle.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy electronic gadgets online because I would not be able to examine the product to satisfy myself on its suitability. You could buy a gadget online and when you receive it you find that the electrical cycle is not compatible to that in your area, or that the output does that fulfil your requirements and then you would have to go through the hassle of returning it.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will never buy designer bags and clothes and gadgets online. I would make exemptions depending on the store but for the most part, I'd rather buy expensive items on physical shops, where I can feel their material and check them for quality. I think I won't buy food online too. It's scary to mistakenly receive expired goods. It happened to my brother before.

14. heavymetalkilos

heavymetalkilosNew Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy cleaning products, food supplements or dieting products (unless it's a local store that also sells them in stores near by). Also electronics is a bit meh, you can never know is that iPhone you're about to buy a real or fake one. I've heard that some people have actually bought real and working iPhones for half the price online, but I'd say that's risque. Especially if we're talking about eBay, you can never know where does your phone actually come from and what does it look when you have it in your hands. Always be careful with those.

15. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    I avoid buying expensive electronic Items and Perfumes online, because sometimes you may not get the proper warranty in the electronic items by the seller.

16. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    So I don't buy clothes online and he is the reason why I don't like to try to purchase an outfit online because of the measurement mix up. When it comes down to buying clothes off of these cheap sites when you find these fantastic dresses but they're like $15 at 10 to avoid those. I don't mind going on stores websites that I know or local or maybe I can walk into the store or do it store exchange for store credit or things of that nature but I will not order from a particular store that has the made-in-china type of heading where the sizes are a bit different than what I'm used to. I don't like to purchase a dress and all of a sudden I get it and I'm a size 12 but it's a size two and then I can't do anything about it I can't even resell it because I'm going to be truthful about the size but the store I was lied to me about the size and I don't want to waste that money even if it is $15 or $20 it still not the principle of the matter the principle of the matter is the fact that I spent that money on it and it can't fit . And I refuse to go on any type of diet is going to make me a stick figure for a woman of my size just to try to fit some oddly cut dressed just to try to be cute.

17. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Probably shoes and t-shirts, as there is a very high chance, I end up with the wrong measurement on shoes, I was always bad at estimating those and they also seem to differ from one pair to another. Also I would order a t-shirt online, simply because I like to stay on me on a specific way, I like them to make me look bigger, to show my muscles more, so I would have problems picking the right size as t-shirts are known for having different specific sizes based on the model.

18. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to buy any health type products online. I don't like the thought they could be tampered with or they might not be exactly what you ordered. I also wouldn't buy electronics online, but that's more because the delivery people here are rubbish. They threw my mail into the neighbour's yard and damaged it rather than knocking on the door when I was in all day. They claimed I wasn't in and they knocked repeatedly at the door but had they done that my dogs would've barked anyway, which they didn't, and I actually saw the van outside for all of about 15 seconds while they threw the parcel. I've seen this happen more than once as well. So I'd definitely avoid anything fragile or any electronics because I don't want them damaged.

19. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I doubt I would buy underwear online. I have purchased socks however. I don't see the need to buy paper products either, I mean like paper towels, toilet paper and the like. I don/t think there is anything wrong with anyone buying this stuff online, I just don't see myself doing it. IF you can get a great buy it might be worth it to buy it online. Costco.com I would think would be a trustrorthy place to buy these ites.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the people who don't buy shoes online. Sometimes even shoes that are supposedly your size run small and turn out to not fit. Some things have to be tried on in person.