Which Products will you Never Buy Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by winsomenotions • Mar 6, 2014.

1. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    I will personally never buy any diet or exercise programs online. On top of that I will also never risk buying supplements from an online source that is neither trusted nor known. In these cases I would just rather go to a professional who knows around these things.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy clothes online because I am very picky in terms of how they fit and the colour schemes as well as the symbols the clothes carry. It is not hard to solve the above problems by going local so that I can have a detailed appreciation of what I am buying and negotiate for a better price which is not easy online. Another factor is that if there are defects, returning the clothes would incur shipping costs.

3. coalie

coalieNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely never buy shoes or clothes online. As people have already noted, sometimes a product nominaly of your size won't fit, and returning them is always a lot of hassle. I'm a little surpsied that people would buy shoes when they can't chec if they fit, when you can walk to a shop and usually get them at the same price (at least, that's the case in my country).

4. jamesfende

jamesfendeMember

Threads:
    Shoes is the top one for me as well

5. forest_kitten

forest_kittenNew Member

Threads:
    Like a lot of others in this thread, I always steer clear of shoes. Even with a comprehensive rating system of how well it fits in length and width, it is still so difficult to find something truly comfortable by blindly buying online. I've returned way too many shoes on Amazon to make that mistake again.

Aside from things that need to fit really well (shoes, suit jackets, coats), I don't mind buying anything else online, as long as it is from a reputable seller. I rely on Amazon Prime for almost everything in my life except groceries, and it is proving to be very convenient. I try to buy product that are fulfilled by Amazon as opposed to independent sellers due to fast shipping times and easy returns.

6. TungstenCube

TungstenCubeNew Member

Threads:
    Chances are, I would never purchase fresh produce on the internet. I know companies like Peapod have a solid reputation but I'd be concerned over the freshness of lettuce, carrots, and other vegetables. I'm okay purchasing packaged goods, like oatmeal or power bars, but I will always go to Trader Joe's for fresh greens.

7. Miasoria

MiasoriaNew Member

Threads:
    i will never buy fresh food and diamond ring online.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I would consider just about any item if the price was right, but on most clothing items the hassle is likely too much of a risk. Previously I wouldn't have wanted to order a bigger ticket item like really any larger electronics online, but I've seen a couple deals on tvs that made me reevaluate.

9. Escad

EscadNew Member

Threads:
    I will never buy a online food, its better to go to the restaurant or just make it by my self.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy shoes online usually, but I suppose that I will if they are unique enough. As a general rule though, I don't like to purchase clothes or anything that I have to wear online. Even when you see clothes in shops, they look nice and then when you try them on, they look awful. I don't like the hassle of having to send items back to online stores.

11. jfranky

jfrankyNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with everyone that buying clothes or shoes on-line is a risky thing to do. The problem I usually face is that different clothing companies label sizes differently so that I sometimes order a shirt I think is going to fit me quite well and it ends up being way too small just because they label sizes in a weird way. Same goes for shoes. Also, clothes and shoes may end up looking far worse live than they look on photos.

12. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Buying clothes online is a tough one for me, because sometimes it is nice and convenient and other times it can be a complete waste of money, and I have certainly been on both sides of it. I think that if it stuff that you are not too concerned with the fit then you are okay, but anything that you are you are going to want to be able to try it on first, and that of course is just not doable. Just like @jfranky@jfranky mentioned, things are always sized differently.

13. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I will never buy anything that costs more than $200 on online store.When buying expensive products I always have a feeling that whether I will receive the same product that I saw on the screen . When I shop online I will always buy products that are cheaper. We can of course get products from the manufacturer's website, however, what if the product delivered to us is faulty? Thus I will never buy a laptop, a DSLR, gold and diamond jewellery online.

14. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I'm gonna buy a pair of sneakers. I've already tried them at a local store and I've found out later that they are available online for a slightly cheaper price. So, I will give that a shot. Has anyone of you done that?

Before that I wasn't supportive of the whole thing.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @

...this is something I do often! I sometimes go on the high street to get ideas, and then hit online stores and comparison sites to compare prices. If the stores have an online presence, I also compare their online and offline prices, because quite often you'll find they have exclusive online offers. I honestly have no problem whatsoever buying online, as long as I'm confident I'm buying from a reputable, known brand that I like.

16. Jaldileleindia

JaldileleindiaNew Member

Threads:
    I will never buy shoes online...

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy items under $5 online. If I want to buy something cheap, I'd just go to the store and buy it. The shipping isn't worth it and specially the waiting.

18. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    If there's anything online that I won't be buying, that would be health and wellness products because most are fake. One time I purchased a TRX Force kit but as soon as I input the code online it said that it has been used before. I reported this case to the manufacturer and I was sad to hear about the news that what I have is a fake one, I reported this to the seller but I never got my money back. Anyway, health and wellness products nowadays are kind of scary and of course, I won't be buying those products until proven legit.

19. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I will never buy any food products (other than official supermarket websites of course) and I will never buy any health or hygiene products. You just can't trust sellers online and I wouldn't want any hygiene products as they might be already used or the seller could have put anything into it that might be a danger to me.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, i would never buy shoes online because you never know if they fit you well especially when there is such a difference in standard sizes from one company to another and from one continent to another. I bout one shoe from Amazon size 10 but it was smaller for my size so I had to give it to someone. Another thing I avoid buying is shirts and trousers because I am never sure if they will be well fit.