Which Products will you Never Buy Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by winsomenotions • Mar 6, 2014.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    One product I can hardly buy online is sunglasses, I like to try several before making a choice. I am very picky when it comes to sunglasses I care a lot how it fits me because of this I am not likely going to order online. This is because what when it arrives it's not my exact fit or am not very okay with it. I'd rather buy offline even if it's more expensive.

2. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    Only buy from reputable websites! Credit card information to buy a gorgeous dress from a website you're not familiar with shouldn't even be considered. I'm sorry if this is obvious to you also, just putting it out there.
    -Know your body shape. This is different from knowing your measurements. It's the same issue that you'll encounter when you shop at a mall and the clothes look stunning on the mannequin but not on you! You need to know if you're an hourglass, pear, apple, etc. This will give you a great idea of which cuts flatter your figure, and which to avoid

3. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I used to think I would never buy food online, but I have a couple times now. I wanted to try these diet/health bars called L.A. Lites, but to order them from the company meant buying boxes and boxes of them for over $200. I wasn't about to spend that much money on a diet bar that I hadn't even tried yet, you know? So I bought 3 boxes of them off of eBay, and they arrived in perfect condition. They were good, too. I continued to buy them from eBay instead of directly from the company, only because I didn't want or need that many boxes.

As for what I would never buy online, it would have to be large exercise equipment. The assembly and shipping costs alone will kill ya. Plus, my Dad said if I ever order another piece of exercise equipment that requires assembly again, he would kill me. hahaha So I promised him I wouldn't. Oh, and also, shoes. Shoes can be risky, only because of sizing problems. The only way to really know if they fit, is to try them on first...and you just can't do that online. Make-up concealers can be tricky too, trying to blindly match them to your skin color, when what you really need to do is actually see it in the bottle and compare it to your own skin while it's right in front of you -- maybe dab a little on your finger while in the store. I don't think I've ever successfully matched a concealer correctly to my own skin tone by purchasing online. There are just some items that need to be tried out and bought hands-on.

4. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I will never buy clothing online. What I expect might not be what I get and that's too much of an hassle. I'd rather walk into a store, try on something then purchase it.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Electronics Items and my undergarments are the things which I will never buy online. I prefer to see the electronic items before buying online. Last time I bought a phone, it was used phone that I received. Maybe it was new and never used but the packing was open. So, no more electronic items online. The second is undergarments, because if it doesn't fit you or you have any problem with it. They do not return it or exchange it. So, no undergarments also.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Since I tried purchasing a phone at an online shop and wasn't happy about it, then I think I will never purchase any electronic products again online. The main factor is that I won't be able to try it and check if there are some factory defects before purchasing it. So I'd rather buy these electronic stuffs at the local mall instead of buying them online.

7. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I would never buy shoes and clothes, because I don't know how it's going to fit. I think that I do prefer going to a store and buy it on my own, testing each product ( clothes and shoes). It's a horrible sensation when you buy and pay for something that doesn't fit as well as you want.

8. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I would never purchase clothes. The size can be wrong even if you give the correct info, I am talking from past experience, besides where I live there are a lot of good clothing stores nearby where I can get cheap clothing that is guaranteed to fit perfectly. Also one size fits all clothing is never good and looks like you are wearing a balloon in my opinion (again past experience). Online shopping can be amazing because you don't have to leave the house but there are some things that you shouldn't buy online.

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I like to try my sunglasses on first as well. Not just for fit and appearance, but also for safety. I like to make sure they aren't too dark, so I can see clearly. I also like a wide side arm, to help block rays of light from damaging my peripheral vision. Since I have a lot of "needs" when it comes to sunglasses, I prefer to shop for them in person.

Frankly, I never even thought of buying sunglasses online. It probably would not have crossed my mind, if I hadn't seen your post. You made some good points.

10. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I think buying electronic item online is not a good idea. In case you receive a defective product, you will have to go through hassles to exchange or return. Furthermore, online purchased items do not have warranty, if it is broken you will have to incur loss.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Despite all the comfort that online shopping can bring, the kind of product I would never buy online is "food". Without smelling or without feeling the taste what I'm about to consume I never buy. Of course this doesn't work for all kinds of food, but they're my criteria when it comes to buying food (even if it's something industrialized... which I don't often consume).

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Even I won't buy any food items barring a Pizza/burger from a well known food supply chain as food items are comparatively costlier from what we get in our local stores and local malls. Most of my online shopping consists of small gadgets, toys, electronics and gift items. I buy certain useful products when they offer good discount on them like I bought couple of bed sheets and pillow covers last week.

13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I think I wouldn't buy vegetables or fruits online. I think buying non perishable goods are ok from online stores but when it comes to perishable goods I just find it hard to get good stuff all the time.

I wouldn't want to face returning hassle for the stuff that I need to consume immediately. I rather see them in person and buy them.

14. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online as I am not sure about their fitness. I would definitely want to try it out before spending money on them. That's why I make it a point to use trial rooms when purchase clothes from offline shops. I am also not keen to buy items like fresh fruits, grocery etc online. I need it fresh and I don't know in what condition they will arrive if I order them online. Moreover, these items are easily available in our nearby stores at reasonable prices. Then I don't want to spend more money on transportation costs.

I do buy electronics gadgets, toys etc.that are not available in local stores. I also buy them when there is good discounts available.